Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another tire question...

Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another tire question...

I've read and read other postings but wanted some direct feedback on my situation.

Unlimited X 4x4 - want to upgrade to 33s on 16" rims (currently running the 17" optional factory rims with 32s). Considering my JK spends 98% of the time on the road, I am only considering ATs but want a more aggressive look than the Goodyears. I've narrowed down to BFG AT (had them on a TJ years ago) and Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've seen the Nittos on several SuperDuty trucks around town and think they look decent and cost about $40-50 less per tire than the BFG.

What kind of onroad performance can I expect from the Nitto and what should I expect for treadlife. Should I just suck it up and pay the extra $200-250 for the BGFs? Any other AT options I should consider for decent road ride plus nice looks?

Thanks all!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like these as a compromise between full-on mud tires and all-terrains:

They ride real smooth and aren't too noisy, without giving up the look of a mud tire. Good luck with you decision.

Quick Reply: Another tire question...