Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any experience with Lemon Law on new JK? P06DD

Old 02-17-2019, 06:54 AM
xpa
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with Lemon Law on new JK? P06DD

Hello,
Long time lurker but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with working with FCA on lemon law.
I have a 2018 JKUR with only 5000 miles that has been at the dealer service center for about 2 weeks already due to fault code P06DD (oil pressure stuck on low). Vehicle cannot go above 3500-4000 RPM without this fault code returning, and is locked to <3000 rpm when it is on. It's pretty dangerous when driving on the freeway (on ramp of course). The dealer has tried the entire service bulletin (oil change, new oil pump, sensor, etc) for this issue but it has not helped. They have actually caused a oil leak (in their words). They are asking for approval from FCA to possibly change the main bearing and other engine components. I find this pretty concerning for a new, big money (to me) vehicle. It will be in the shop for longer than 30 days easily, which triggers most states Lemon Law.
Has anyone tried to contact FCA on returning the vehicle via lemon law? Or used a state agency to force FCA to take the vehicle back?

Last edited by xpa; 02-17-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

https://www.bbb.org/us/Storage/16/Do...-LLsummary.pdf
Old 03-26-2019, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This makes no sense, that code relates to the oil pressure 2 stage pump acting funny, it should just require a new pump, if that did not fix it and its a random failure i would look at wiring to the pump and check connector pin outs, chaffed wires, pcm connection, the connector is on the right front just above oil pan rail. If all else fails they would just put a new engine in it. Start a claim with fca customer support before you go any farther.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Lemon Law on new JK? P06DD