Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Are any Rubicons actually being built

Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachMan
Well changing it to detonator yellow means its an 08 so yeah you'll be waiting awhile.
Wrong. Detonator Yellow is available for order right now for 2007 models. 2008 models are not available for order until June 6th, 2007.

If your 2007 order has not reached at least D status now, it won't be built as an 07.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered my 4 door rubi 3/13 and never got past bg, wait I take that back it got to za (cancelled) on 4/9!!! My dealer has no idea how that happened although the dealer is the one who cancelled it. So they placed a new order on 4/23. Funny how theres a 14 day gap between orders, and I didn't even know it was cancelled until 5/1! F***ING idiots!!! Now I don't know what to do. Wait untill the 08 come out or try to find one thats not configured how I want it.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bsolt
I ordered my 4 door rubi 3/13 and never got past bg, wait I take that back it got to za (cancelled) on 4/9!!! My dealer has no idea how that happened although the dealer is the one who cancelled it. So they placed a new order on 4/23. Funny how theres a 14 day gap between orders, and I didn't even know it was cancelled until 5/1! F***ING idiots!!! Now I don't know what to do. Wait untill the 08 come out or try to find one thats not configured how I want it.
Go out look'n... I didn't have quite as bad of experience as you did, but I wasn't wanting to wait till the 08's either... Go find one... do a dealer search on Jeep.com... Unless you have a friend at a dealership that can do a mass search for you.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bsolt
I ordered my Unlimited Rubicon on Sept 22, and was in BG status on Sept 28. I've been bouncing back and forth between BG-BX-BGL ever since. First week of April when I made my weekly 'status check' call to Customer Service, they offer to contact the Dealership for me to see if there was anything they could do to expedite the order. While I was on hold, they said they talked to the Sales Manager who said he'd look into it and call me back. He didn't, but I wasn't that concerned.

Two weeks later when I called Cust Serv, they said that the system was showing the Dealership's response to the previous phone call that they paraphrased for me: "I had to contact the dealer to re-order vehicle". I
call the dealer to find that my original salesman no longer worked there, so they assigned my order to someone else. Other than that, they said there was no re-order required and that they didn't know what DCX was talking about. They had no clue why it was taking over 7 months, and they weren't getting any of their dealer stock orders either.

Knowing that it was too late to make the 2007 build-out, I asked the dealer to contact the district rep to see if my order could be filled as one of the first 2008 models built. But, I specifically said NOT to cancel my order and re-order it because I didn't want to lose my place in order line after waiting 7+ months.

Yesterday Customer Service tells me that my order was in still BGL status with the special hold "non-order' !! I asked for an explaination, and they read to me the aformentioned dealership response in their system which actually stated: "Customer needs to contact dealership to re-order. Order was cancelled by customer".!!!

So, I asked them to contact the Dealership again, and this time while on hold they tell me that the Sales Manager says his system only says " BG" status, and none of the other "Material Hold" or "re-order required" crap. They said he'd look into it and get back with me. I'm still waiting for that.

Now that I hear I'm not the only one this has happened to, I'm really wondering what the hell is going on...
Old 05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Now that I hear I'm not the only one this has happened to, I'm really wondering what the hell is going on...
Ghost, sorry to hear about your experience - sounds like it has been trying to say the least. I think I have an idea what might be going on, however. My understanding is that the 07 orders must be cancelled before an 08 order is placed. So, if you want an 08, your 07 order must first be cancelled. And if the order is kept in the system now, your order may be built as an 07, which you don't want. So I'm thinking they've essentially cancelled the order and are waiting for 08s orders to open up to re-order. This doesn't sound that bad to me (except the piss-poor factory-dealer-customer communication). As you know these orders are not first come first served basis nationwide, they are built largely according to dealer allocation. So, as long as you are placed first in line among your dealer's 08 orders (and hopefully have some sort of agreement from DC not to delay the order with restrictions), you should have an 08 as soon as possible.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor

I haven't been waiting too long, and was/am planning on the long haul. I really wanted a 2007 though. And I might be in luck. I found one quite a ways from me that has what I want except for the Sunrider soft top and the myGig. I have my dealer trying to get it right now. If they get it I'm going to buy it and I'll join the red jeep owners club or whatever it's being called.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cab76
Ghost, sorry to hear about your experience - sounds like it has been trying to say the least. I think I have an idea what might be going on, however. My understanding is that the 07 orders must be cancelled before an 08 order is placed. So, if you want an 08, your 07 order must first be cancelled. And if the order is kept in the system now, your order may be built as an 07, which you don't want. So I'm thinking they've essentially cancelled the order and are waiting for 08s orders to open up to re-order. This doesn't sound that bad to me (except the piss-poor factory-dealer-customer communication). As you know these orders are not first come first served basis nationwide, they are built largely according to dealer allocation. So, as long as you are placed first in line among your dealer's 08 orders (and hopefully have some sort of agreement from DC not to delay the order with restrictions), you should have an 08 as soon as possible.
Yeah, I'd be happy with that explanation, except, ...the dealer says that's not what happened. They claim they've done nothing but wait. The system won't accept 2008 orders until June 11. They claim to have the allocation, it just isn't getting filled. I'm confident the District rep will push my Rubi the front of the 2008 line, but I'd be happier if I was getting the same story from DCX and the Dealer.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unhappy You guys are scarin' me!

I just got an email from my dealership last week stating that my Rubi had entered "D" status and that I should be seeing it by the end of May or the first week of June. I ordered it on April 17, so I was amazed that it was actually ahead of schedule.

Based on what I'm reading here, I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothin'.

I'll have to call DC in the AM and see if I get the same story from them that I got from my dealer.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by macfamm
I just got an email from my dealership last week stating that my Rubi had entered "D" status and that I should be seeing it by the end of May or the first week of June. I ordered it on April 17, so I was amazed that it was actually ahead of schedule.

Based on what I'm reading here, I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothin'.

I'll have to call DC in the AM and see if I get the same story from them that I got from my dealer.
From everything I've seen (and I check the forums pretty closely), if you are in D status, you should be OK for an 07. I don't know if you'll see it this month but by July should be a pretty safe bet (August at the latest). At least I hope so, because I'm in D also! Although some people have waited in D awhile, the bigger problem is getting from BG to D, which is where some of the really long waits have cropped up.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ghostship
Yeah, I'd be happy with that explanation, except, ...the dealer says that's not what happened. They claim they've done nothing but wait. The system won't accept 2008 orders until June 11. They claim to have the allocation, it just isn't getting filled. I'm confident the District rep will push my Rubi the front of the 2008 line, but I'd be happier if I was getting the same story from DCX and the Dealer.
Yeah - it definitely sounds like someone is not being honest - got to be frustrating.

Quick Reply: Are any Rubicons actually being built