Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

any used Jeeppartspeople.com ?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any used Jeeppartspeople.com ?

Has anyone used this company before. Jeeppartspeople.com I am looking for a set of rubicon rails and the price is $271. Thats much lower than anywhere else. But I cant find any reviews or info on this site.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Under "Select a model then a year" 2009 is the newest year you can select
looks fishy
Old 03-17-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No reviews, much much cheaper price, and you thought enough to post here before buying....

What is your gut telling you?

Run.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it looks sketchy, and you're hesitant about putting your credit card info on there, then stay away.

The only thing I could say would be okay to try if you can pay via PayPal if something is to go wrong they won't have your credit card information.

EDIT: Do they have a contact number? If so call them and speak to someone first hand. That may help too.

Good luck.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Why don't you just pick up a set of take-offs? Even cheaper and you get a face to face transaction.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

The way it looks is this place is actually a stealership. And they sell genuine OEM parts so I am assuming that means MOPAR. Plus I think they wanted to say 'swing away tire carrier' but instead they said 'swing away fire carrier' (now that I think of it a swing away fire carrier would be sweet, mines the jeep rollen down the street with an olympic torch on the back). That's just bad QCQA. I would stay away, that's just me though.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Default At one time im sure nobody heard of Northridge 4x4 or Quadratec

Well if you REALLY wanted to know if they were trustworthy you could always find a cheaper $20 or $40 item and buy it from them, then based off of that you could get a bumper or rubi rails if thats what you were looking for. If its legit then you could save some cash, their prices arent all that much lower than anyone elses, and the fact that they dont advertise ANYWHERE means they dont have to charge you more to pay for a 200 page catalog. That along with it being a small company that probably doesnt sell for much more than what they get I'd say youre looking at just your average unheard of buisness. Although, you could always use that website to try to get some of the more established dealers to come down to do a price match.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by coorsfan
The way it looks is this place is actually a stealership. And they sell genuine OEM parts so I am assuming that means MOPAR. Plus I think they wanted to say 'swing away tire carrier' but instead they said 'swing away fire carrier' (now that I think of it a swing away fire carrier would be sweet, mines the jeep rollen down the street with an olympic torch on the back). That's just bad QCQA. I would stay away, that's just me though.
Good eye coorsfan - Go to "about us" link on website for full disclosure.

Last edited by Notakar; 03-18-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: blacklisted dealer
Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Try it out and let us know! You might find a gold mine jeep parts store ! :-)

Quick Reply: any used Jeeppartspeople.com ?