Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else itching for a good melt to bring on the mud?

Old 03-10-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else itching for a good melt to bring on the mud?

Man, I love winter... but I've had enough. We had some warm weather here in New Hampshire last week and our road got pretty muddy... what a TEASE! Anyways, I'm ready for a good melt so I can get to some of the trails and trade the salt covered Jeep for a mud covered Jeep. Anyone else?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few places on the east coast that have had a melt off, but a little too much too fast. They are cruising around in row boats in some parts of New Jersey.....Hopefully, it is a slow melt off where there is a lot of snow.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Here in new jersey were having alot of rain and alot of flooding. When it stops there's gana be alot of mud pits around. Can't wait
Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

I too am tired of this white crap! but I sure don't enjoy the mud. Besides, when the melt does come we are careful on our trails up here. The wet ground becomes rutted up real fast and destroys them.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I hear ya... Here in New Hampshire there's nothing but rock under what little mud we can find so we can only rut them up just so deep.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by trmason
Man, I love winter... but I've had enough. We had some warm weather here in New Hampshire last week and our road got pretty muddy... what a TEASE! Anyways, I'm ready for a good melt so I can get to some of the trails and trade the salt covered Jeep for a mud covered Jeep. Anyone else?
HA, I live in TN, we are going to have flowers within a few weeks. The mud holes will be dry in a month or so.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Torrin
HA, I live in TN, we are going to have flowers within a few weeks. The mud holes will be dry in a month or so.
What's the climate like the second week in April down there!!??
I'm picturing mid 60's maybe 70...

Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I'm sure glad i live in Florida, we have been hitting the mud for 2 months. We just got rain today so it will be a muddin' weekend.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Pretty much all the snow and ice is melted here south of Boston. And with the rain we had and are getting, its going to be wild for mud season.

Only issue is I am now scared of the mud! Last time I went wheeling in mud (OK, more like muddy creek water), all 3 of us with JK's started getting a whining sounds from our engines about a week after the trip. In every case, it was our tensioner pulleys that were making the noise as they somehow became defective from mud buildup. Luckily, for $5 (thanks to a buddy who works at an auto parts store) we were able to easily replace the pulley. However, it made me realize just how easily mud can get everywhere and start eating away at things!

Of course, with that said, I will probably be hitting those mud trails again real soon. It was too much fun! Maybe I should stock up on pulleys!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Melting right now. This will be the first summer with the jeep.

Quick Reply: Anyone else itching for a good melt to bring on the mud?