Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone know why?

Old 08-22-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know why?

For those of us who have the Teraflex 2.5" BB, and want to upgrade to the 2.5" spring lift, does anyone know why Teraflex won't just sell you either the springs only, or the springs and shocks for less than the kit price? I know they will sell you the components separately, but for more than the kit price with everything.

The kit includes the 4 springs PLUS the trackbar bracket, rear swaybar links, brake line brackets, bump stops, all of which I already have. It seems sorta useless to get all those again, even though the kit price is less than just buying 4 springs...I don't get it...
Old 08-22-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by glwood6
For those of us who have the Teraflex 2.5" BB, and want to upgrade to the 2.5" spring lift, does anyone know why Teraflex won't just sell you either the springs only, or the springs and shocks for less than the kit price? I know they will sell you the components separately, but for more than the kit price with everything.

The kit includes the 4 springs PLUS the trackbar bracket, rear swaybar links, brake line brackets, bump stops, all of which I already have. It seems sorta useless to get all those again, even though the kit price is less than just buying 4 springs...I don't get it...
....could be because it's not something they've thought about. You might PM Joe and ask him. They could probably put a kit together and offer it at a reasonable price. Then again, I may be wrong.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by planman
If you call Joe (Teraflex), he can probably work out a good discount on just the springs.

Also, Northridge4x4 sells OME springs for $165 a pair.
I saw that at Northridge, but it didn't specify so I thought that was per spring, not the pair...when I put that into my cart, it says '1 spring', not a pair...

Last edited by glwood6; 08-22-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by planman
If you call Joe (Teraflex), he can probably work out a good discount on just the springs.

Also, Northridge4x4 sells OME springs for $165 a pair.
I'll give him a call on Monday, thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
....could be because it's not something they've thought about. You might PM Joe and ask him. They could probably put a kit together and offer it at a reasonable price. Then again, I may be wrong.

PM sent to Teraflex...let's see what Joe says. Doesn't cost anything to ask.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Im not sure if they no longer offer the option, but i got just the teraflex rear springs from my local 4x4 shop for $140 last year after i bought the budget boost with HD front springs. I would assume $300 for all four is cheaper than the 2.5 spring kit they offer
Old 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

And btw that price they list that says $165 1 spring IS a pair.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am upgrading to the 4" kit.... will have a full 2.5" coil/shock kit for cheap
Old 08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Interested in the 2.5 kit

Quick Reply: Anyone know why?