Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone in MA, put in a lift lift beyond the legal 2'???

Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in MA, put in a lift lift beyond the legal 2'???

I'm wondering because, in order to accommodate nice looking tires to nicely accent the jeep. It will require a bigger lift to not have anything rub. Or can you successfully put, say...35s with a 2' lift on the jeep's 17' rims
Old 08-16-2007, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maduag
I'm wondering because, in order to accommodate nice looking tires to nicely accent the jeep. It will require a bigger lift to not have anything rub. Or can you successfully put, say...35s with a 2' lift on the jeep's 17' rims
a 2 FOOT lift? Holy crap. Let me see it when you're done.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't worry about 2" or 3" lifts.. unless you do something crazy, where the inspection shop or state police may take note.

If your tires fit cleanly under your flares, you'll be ok.

I had a total of 5" lift on my YJ, and never had a problem.

-t
Old 08-17-2007, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Let me say first of all, I know nothing about the local lift laws where you're at... But I would say first... what is the intent of the law? Is it too much clearance in the back that someone might rear end you and the gas tank explode, is it too high of COG such that you might roll over, or is it tires sticking out beyond the flares? I only ask those questions to try and figure out what your could defend yourself with in the way of expalining your compliance.

Anyway, bottom line is, I can't imagine that the naked eye could easily tell whether or not you have a 2" or 3" lift... Most lift manufactures won't lift your Jeep 'exactly' the same as the next. In other words, some 3" lifts may sit higher or lower when you're done (spring rates, etc.). So I'd go w/the the 3", claim that it's a 2" and go from there. Of course I'm not the one running the risk either, so it's easy for me to say
Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

You'll be fine in Plymouth anyway. We have many extreme lifts around here and no one ever gets hassled. And thanks for the info on Mansfield 'jrtjk'

Quick Reply: Anyone in MA, put in a lift lift beyond the legal 2'???