Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

anyone with Spiderweb shade, got a question?

Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after talking to the guys this morning I decided to keep the order the same. He said the proper way to install either the jkini or the full cover shade is to remove the hard top. Then once the shades are in place I will never need to remove them and I can get to my freedom top latches with no problem. So I just decided to keep the full length shade in case I remove the top and so my kids don't bake.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got my JKini for my JKU FRI. Put it on over the weekend. Did put it on without pulling the hardtop. Loosened all the T40 in the rear. Dis connected the elec and washer connections. Lifted the rear glass and left it open with the tailgate closed. Removed the T40s from the front pillar. Took a beach towel folded and wedge it in the middle while raising the roof (sitting in the rear seat). This gave me enough clearance to make the needed connection with the long straps running to the outside close to the rear doors. This was a pain, will not do it this way again, will pull the hardtop. I didn't have anyone to help me and wanted to put this in. Oh we'll off to look for some ratchet straps.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2669296662.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	476033

Quick pic of JKini install.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Sweet I'm pumped about getting this. They told me I should have it Wednesday and since my girlfriend will be home on vacation with me, looks like she will have to roll up her sleeves and take the top off with me
Old 07-10-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent from my dumbphone
Old 07-10-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Finally got my shade today and this thing is a bitch to fit on. Or is it just because it is new and needs to stretch over time of being installed?
I cannot not for the life of me get the center holes to line up with the freedom top screws.....
Old 07-12-2013, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Well just as an update I got off the phone with Chris from spiderweb shade and have told me that the velcro patches are for cushion between the grommets and sound bar. Also everything is installed correctly. Great company to deal with
Old 07-12-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ironbike
Finally got my shade today and this thing is a bitch to fit on. Or is it just because it is new and needs to stretch over time of being installed?
I cannot not for the life of me get the center holes to line up with the freedom top screws.....
I couldn't get them to like up either so I just put new holes with grommets where they needed to b

Sent from my dumbphone
Old 07-13-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Everything lines up perfectly now but I have stopped using the freedom top hand bolts or screws whatever they are called. Not really needed anyway
Old 07-13-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

I had to loosen up the two hard top screws at the freedom panel so the hardtop cushion bolts (if that makes sense) wouldn't prevent the mesh top from moving... then I just worked the meshtop into place so the freedom top bolts would line up with the holes... I had to go towards the driver side about an inch... took a little doing but once it all lined up I could then re tighten the hardtop screws and put the panels back on... I also reconnected the small bungees in the front once the freedom top was on.. had to fish the cord thru a small area but it's not to hard.... I remove my hardtop a lot and don't really see the mesh top coming off...

oh yea I had to basically do this to my 2DR also... 4Dr was a little harder...

very nice mesh top... I just wish they made it about 2" wider!

Quick Reply: anyone with Spiderweb shade, got a question?