Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone try a double motorcycle carrier on their JK Unltd?

Old 06-15-2011, 12:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try a double motorcycle carrier on their JK Unltd?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried a double motorcycle carrier on their 4 door JK. Ive been using a MotoTote single dirtbike carrier for some time now with no probs whatsoever. I know the tongue is rated at 350lbs which is a little more than my dirtbike + the single carrier. But i also know that 350# is only 10% of the Unltd's towing capacity. Cant the tongue handle up to 15% of the towing capacity (i.e. 525#)? If so then I think I can swing it b/c my two dirtbikes + a dble carrier = 525# give or take 5# Let me know what ya guys think. Oh and btw I have a 2.5" TF spacer lift. One last ? IF this were to be to strenuous on the susp/frame/etc what do you guys think would be the first thing to cause me problems? Would it be the susp that would take a dump first? Thanks for the help!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think a double would be a little to much. I use a Ultimate MX carrier and it seems to tax the springs pretty good and causes a good amount of body roll as well. It works fine but I don't know if I would want any more weight than I have. Tera 2.5 coil lift.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone Pics 1779.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	171950
Old 06-15-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

My husband has used it on mine too. No problems at all.

Quick Reply: Anyone try a double motorcycle carrier on their JK Unltd?