Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Apparently this h3 really wanted to touch me!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flip penny's straight up in air when top is down. The thought of rocks or dabre hitting there windows I promise they slow Down
Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973

Good ol' Alberta drivers eh? I know exactly what you mean, I'm from Red Deer. That's exactly why I wanted an armored vehicle....well compared to other vehicles on the road, that's basically what my Jeep is anyways. Ha Ha!!
Yep, that's just a Calgary experience! I know it pretty much happens all over Alberta. Now I don't really let it bother me. If I get hit I have full replacement coverage for three years in case it gets written off.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice

DAAAALLLLLAAAAASSSSS!!!!! Or Dal-is for me. It's weird how I'm proud of this. The toll way is awesome. I go 90 until "sharp" turns come. I actually love driving in dallas and seeing people in boats weaving in traffic trying to get killed with old lifted cadis with ginormus rims. I live in sa now. Drivers are annoying... But dallas is where my heart is
Haha...been to Dallas and every time I'm there I always get a kick out of the ghetto cars as I call them. I always thing to myself, why would someone spend all that money and effort doing that to a caprice! Lol
Old 11-03-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't tailgate. I don't like to be tailgated either. 20 years on bikes did that I guess.

If it is worth passing because the road is clear ahead, I will pass. If not i will hang back a respectable distance.

If I am in someones way I will get out of the way if traffic permits. If they tailgate and I can't go anywhere, I will slow down/speed up. If they don't back off, and I have a string of cars in front of me on a two lane, I will just coast right down to real slow for a bit, then speed up. Most get the message.

In the old days when I had a worse temper, I might have hit the brakes. Not now, it is really not a good idea in my opinion.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just line them up with parked cars and change lanes at the last possible second.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboyjeeper
Something like this happened to me in my CJ5 many years ago... I was on the freeway Sunday evening. The car tailgating me was the only car for at least a mile in front or behind me on a 3 lane freeway. I got so annoyed I just took my foot off the gas and started coasting... amazingly enough they let me get down to 15MPH!!!! on the freeway before they got the hint and went around. I was in the slow lane and their were 2 count them 2 lanes to my left for passing and they wanted to be right on my bumper!

I have to agree I hate stupid drivers... maybe their worried if they don't follow someone they will get lost

You must have had a very interesting bumper sticker!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

A brake check = A ass whipping ! If you lock up the brakes you are taking more than your life at risk. I hate a tailgater as much anyone else.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Years ago, when I had my TJ. I was cruising south on I-35 in Texas just north of Austin. I was doing about 80 which is five over the limit, and overtaking a semi. I had a Super-Duty come up behind me and turn his brights on and blare on the horn, flip me the bird, and feint like he was going to pass me in the median. So I slowed down. So did the Semi. Apparently the trucker saw what the douche was doing, too. I reset my cruise at 55, which is the slowest you can legally go, and the semi matched me. I'd bet we went another ten miles with that jerk behind me.

Quick Reply: Apparently this h3 really wanted to touch me!!!