Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ARB freezer size

Old 10-22-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB freezer size

Hi, I am thinking in pulling the trigger and buy the ARB fridge/freezer. I have a 4 doors 2010 Rubicon and I am not really sure which ch is the largest size i can fit without folding the rear seats. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 PM
JK Junkie

Google "Manley orv" in Ohio, call up and ask to speak to Josh. I have every confidence that he can tell you exactly what you need to know and probably get a freezer out to really quickly.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some great youtube videos out there that show what your looking for. Checked these out at a JEEP show this year. For sure on my to do list!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Orko
Hi, I am thinking in pulling the trigger and buy the ARB fridge/freezer. I have a 4 doors 2010 Rubicon and I am not really sure which ch is the largest size i can fit without folding the rear seats. Any suggestions?
Thanks
50 quart. Same floor space as the next smaller one, just taller. The top will open very wide for easy access, but will not be able to fold back over without bumping into the roll bar, so you'll have to use a hand to hold it open while accessing what's inside. I have power to the passenger side through a cigarette lighter plug female connector with #12 wiring run directly to my aux battery. I tie the fridge down with a couple straps through each handle and the child seat footman loop for the forward one, and a tiedown ring I added to the Jeep (later models have these OEM) for the rearward one. It works well for me.

Doesn't show much of the fridge in this picture, but gives you an idea of how much space you have with this model butted up against the back of the rear seats.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Cook Area, Jul 13, CP_54258.jpg
Views:	1795
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	507467

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 10-23-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree the 50qt is the perfect fit.

ARB Fridge Freezer 50 QT. (10800472)

We run this one in all of our vehicles.

with our "shark tank" code right now I am pretty sure we have the best deal
David
Old 10-24-2013, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Thanks
The 63QT is actually the largest. One of the forum members here (Red Dog), actually swang by my pad to check and see if it would fit, and it did, albiet it was ever-so-slightly touching the rear seat with the lid. The 82 Quart however, will not fit.. It's just too tall lol.

Personally, I love my 63QT. I can fit all my beer and food in the cooler, which definitely saves space in the end. Either one is a fantastic choice however!

Last edited by KCCO JK; 10-24-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalGSXR
The 63QT is actually the largest. ...
That must be very tight. It's nearly six inches longer than the 50 Quart, and the 50 quart barely fits into my Jeep when it's back is against the seat. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131024_170146.jpg
Views:	5198
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	507781
Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SoCalGSXR
The 63QT is actually the largest. One of the forum members here (Red Dog), actually swang by my pad to check and see if it would fit, and it did, albiet it was ever-so-slightly touching the rear seat with the lid. The 82 Quart however, will not fit.. It's just too tall lol.

Personally, I love my 63QT. I can fit all my beer and food in the cooler, which definitely saves space in the end. Either one is a fantastic choice however!
Can you post a picture? Thanks!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
50 quart. Same floor space as the next smaller one, just taller. The top will open very wide for easy access, but will not be able to fold back over without bumping into the roll bar, so you'll have to use a hand to hold it open while accessing what's inside. I have power to the passenger side through a cigarette lighter plug female connector with #12 wiring run directly to my aux battery. I tie the fridge down with a couple straps through each handle and the child seat footman loop for the forward one, and a tiedown ring I added to the Jeep (later models have these OEM) for the rearward one. It works well for me.

Doesn't show much of the fridge in this picture, but gives you an idea of how much space you have with this model butted up against the back of the rear seats.
Attachment 507467
On a separate matter, i love your burners! Can you tell me what have you used??
Thanks
Old 10-24-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
That must be very tight. It's nearly six inches longer than the 50 Quart, and the 50 quart barely fits into my Jeep when it's back is against the seat. Attachment 507781
Haha, yeah, it was pretty darn close, lol. The biggest thing that allowed the 63 to be possible, is the difference in height between the 50QT(20 inches) and the 63QT(16.9). Because of that, it touches the rear seat further in, as the rear seats are inclined. Like I said, it was close, but it worked lol.

Can you post a picture? Thanks!!!
I don't have a picture on hand right now, but I'll hit up Red Dog and see if he has a picture of it. I didn't think it was going to fit, however, it just barely did. Man I wish I could tag him to this convo like with fb, haha.

Last edited by KCCO JK; 10-24-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Quick Reply: ARB freezer size