Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ARB Fridge Freezer

Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The arb slide is sick! Just too much $$$!!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use the 50Qt for a family of four and it works perfect. And it is the perfect size not to big and not to small.

David
Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is probably one of the best "non essential" mods to any Jeep. It is always plugged into the garage and full of frosty beverages. I have had the old style (bought in 07) and it keeps everything very cool/frozen. I unplug it once every three months and let it rest for a week or so.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

I will have the CTI winches in stock on Friday

David
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone have this fridge hard mounted in a 2 door? if so i would love to see a pic as we have such limited space.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JB7JEEP
Hi Guys, I'm restarting this older thread to ask if most of you with ARB Fridge experience have the 50 qt size or another size? The 50 seems to be the most common, but I'm tempted to jump up to the 63. I would be using it for roadtrips, etc with my wife and 2 kids, looking to stash lunch, drinks, snacks, etc. and also use it at the moto-x trcks on weekends. I would probably put it on a slidelock in the back of the jeep (4 door rubi) and in the bike trailer. Thanks for any feedback..
I bought the ARB 47qt because it's the only one with dimensions that will allow it to fit in the trunk. The next size up is too long to fit between the back of the seat to the latch without turning it sideways. I have a wife and 3 boys, and it's tempting to buy the biggest, but it just doesn't fit right. Just a thought.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

I bought the ARB 47qt because it's the only one with dimensions that will allow it to fit in the trunk. The next size up is too long to fit between the back of the seat to the latch without turning it sideways. I have a wife and 3 boys, and it's tempting to buy the biggest, but it just doesn't fit right. Just a thought.
Are you sure on that Number 47qt , My guess is you ahve the 37 quart

David
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
does anyone have this fridge hard mounted in a 2 door? if so i would love to see a pic as we have such limited space.
I wanna see this pic too! :-) I soo could have used this back in 2009 as I drove the whole nation all year!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Are you sure on that Number 47qt , My guess is you ahve the 37 quart

David
I think ARB calls it a 47 (liters?), but it's the 50.

Couple comments on things that have been mentioned in the thread:

1. You set the ARB to high, medium or low battery voltage shutoff level for when the Jeep is not running. It will then shut off automatically if the battery voltage gets to the set amount. ARB recommends using high or medium unless you have a dual-battery setup. I used medium and it shut off after a couple hours. And my Optima Yellowtop started the Jeep just fine. But, to keep the refrigerator running after having it unplugged for a couple hours and getting warm from opening and closing it, I did find it necessary to let the jeep run for about 30 minutes.

2. The 37 and 50 quart sizes have the same footprint. So, if space is a consideration, you're not giving up floor space, just vertical height. The other sizes have a larger footprint. In a four door, the 50 quart fridge door will open just short of vertical before bumping into the roll bar (see my pic below for the orientation). If you place it into the backseat, the headrests get in the way unless you jockey the fridge around. Still can get things in and out, you just can't open the door enough to have it stand open without holding it.

3. If you're judging just how large of a fridge you need based on how large of an ice chest you carry, don't foget that you don't have to carry ice (unless you need it for your cocktails, LOL). So, the entire 50 quarts is usable refrigerator/freezer space.

4. For tiedown purposes, the handles on the front and back of the unit are steel and are designed to take the force of a cargo strap.

5. I've only had mine a few days (thanks, David!), but love it already. I have a Benchmark Designs dual-battery kit on order, so hope to hook this up to that. But, for now I ran it one time off the power port and it worked great. I was helping TORN with recovery from the recent tornado damage at his trailer park and he was without electricity. So, I packed up everything for us to have a nice meal of ribs, baked potatoes and tossed salad. It kept everything fresh all day until we cooked it that afternoon. This is a great addition and I'm delighted with the purchase. I have not, as yet, hard-mounted it, because I'm trying to figure out exactly how I will set it up. But, in my unlimited, it does fit nicely in the rear area on the passenger side with the flip-open lid facing back. That makes it handy when working at my fold-down shelf ...

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 05-27-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Man I would pull the trigger today, but can't decide on 37 or 50. I have the Tuffy trunk and with the hardtop off I can't tell if the 50 will fit. It looks like it might be a tad too tight sitting on top. Won't fit below.

Quick Reply: ARB Fridge Freezer