Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Baby Seats

Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrAvELAr
I'm not a parent, and the only thing that I know about kids is that they smell like a combination of apple juice, maple syrup, and piss; however, I'm thinking that riding around topless with a newborn might not be swiftest idea.
He didn't say newborn, he said kid!!! Big difference.

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
No the 2 dr seat is narrower than the unlimited and there is not a center seat belt or tethers. Plus it takes a bit of contorting to get between the seats and the pillar reaching to the center would just make it harder. Also with the 2 dr a rear facing seat it is bit of a challenge, when my youngest rides he goes in through the back and over the back of the seat to get buckled in.
I can see you doing this, and it's comical as hell.

Originally Posted by buttsbd
I notice all those with kids are going with the unlimited...If money was no object I would as well, but currently I can only afford a 2 door rubicon. Is anyone running car seats in a 2 door wrangler?

Thoughts on that?
If you can afford a 2 dr Rubicon, I think you can afford a 4 dr. X. Rubicons are the shit, but seriously most people don't use a Rubicon to it's full potential. Maybe you could get the 4 dr. X with the tow package and build from there. Maybe you don't realize how capable the Wrangler is, even in the X form.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny, I was just thinking about this today. With a 5-year old, 2-year old and a newborn in June, I will need a booster, toddler, and infant seat. How much wider is the Unlimited rear seat? Will it work?

I may end up trading my 2-door for an Unlimited or trade the Camaro for a used SUV/big car.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The child seats work fine in the Jeep. You'll have no worries.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is my plan to make the 2 door ready for a kid on the way:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/2-door-custom-rear-seat-bucket-replacing-bench-68601/

Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simpson has one with a cool 5-point harness...I may have a kid just to get this one!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

I sit 3 kids across almost daily in my Rubi UL--2 graco booster seats-(the short base type seat that impliments the seatbelt across the kids lap, and shoulder), and an 18 month old in a regular carseat facing forward. It is O.K. to face the seat forward after 12 mos of age, provided your child isnt abnormally small. It does take a little "convincing" to make all of this happen, but every time I install the seats, its easier and easier. As the kids age, your seats get smaller, until they finally just sit on the seat. It works, trust me!--We have used Graco for absolutely everything needed during childhood, from carseats, to highchairs and strollers. Very well made product.--For the purpose of providing some proportionate reference, the kids are of "normal" size, height, weight, and are ages 7, 5, and 18 mos.

Last edited by PIPES2008; 01-15-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Baby Seats