Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bad Chrysler Service

Old 08-03-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Chrysler Service

Centennial Chrysler in Barrie Ont is a real pain.

A few years ago I took my 02 TJ in for electrical gremlins and came out with a new trailer hitch wire set...and the same problems that i drove in with. After they found the real problem and presented the bill...again, I argued about the superfluous repair of the wire set. They said.."well u would have had to replace that anyway" FU

And today I picked up my '10 JK that was in for the soft top recall. Because the tubing had failed at the top of the soft top frame, it caused extra torque and a twist at the point it secures to the roll bar. I stripped the attaching screw at the end of the tube. At the time i they looked at it for the soft top recall they said the bent frame would be warrantied. Today...mind change...They would not repair the frame. $490...seriously....$490??? I said put the old top back on. I'll duct tape it. a-holes.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

All dealers are dicks. Once they grab your money for a new Jeep, car or truck they make strange like they don't know you and do not give a shit about your problems warranty or other wise. It is all a money making deal to them. If they can avoid warranty and have you pay for it ,it's money in there pockets. I would buy a Jeep in a sec if I could get it warranty free and take 5,000 off the price. Warranty is the biggest scam out there and don't get me started on extended warranty. That being said at some point it is useful when some problem that reoccurs and it gets covered.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

It really depends on the dealer...

As far as not wanting to cover warranty parts because they don't make money is far from true. They are paid by Chrysler for all submitted warranty work performed. They are NOT going to cover some rediculous claim because if they are audited by Chrysler and found out to have performed "warranty" work for something that shouldn't have been covered then the process for them to cover future warranty issues is full of red tape and headaches...

I would not expect a dealer to cover something under warranty that was my fault or caused by something that I did. Not all dealers are out to get you but as a consumer you have to play fair as well.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get a survey from Chrysler for that dealership don't fill it out... read this post:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...r-jeep-132752/

I had crappy service from a dealer in my area but I am lucky and live near a bunch of dealerships so I ended up going to another. I got a survey but never filled it out b/c I don't want them to retaliate by voiding my warranty. If a dealership doesn't want to help you out, you are better off finding a dealer that will instead of trying to fight the crappy dealership.

Quick Reply: Bad Chrysler Service