Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bad Noises......help

Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Noises......help

Hi all. I'm hoping that someone here can help me identify some not so nice noises that I am getting from under the jeep. I'm getting sounds that I can only describe as a popping and clicking.

They occur mainly while starting from a stop (while it is under load) and while the wheels are moving very slowly, and sometimes at very low speed corners, after starting and at higher speeds there is no problem. I've searched a bunch and asked several opinions but am still not exactly sure where this is coming from. From what i've heard/read it sounds like it could be anything from driveshaft binding (increased angle from lift) , trackbars (front and rear), front sway bar (which I have been having problems with recently). I'm not too sure if which it is if any. This all started to happen after I installed my 2.5" TF coil lift and spidertrax spacers.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

edit: i think this might be better in the modified section, please move if necessary mods. thanks
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

nobody, i know lots of people have had issues wih noises, is there no opinions on it!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

You haven't gotten any reply's because this should be in the modified section. Once a Moderater finds it an moves it, I'm sure there will people helping you out.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would check the front u-joints and wheel bearings.

Quick Reply: Bad Noises......help