Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Basement Builder Virtual Craft Fair - BE WARNED!!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basement Builder Virtual Craft Fair - BE WARNED!!!!!

I'd like to warn everyone on this forum about buying 'home made' products from these basement builder virtual craft fairs or people cleverly disguised as site supporters.

I'm sure the majority of these people have some excellent products for sale, but I purchased something from one of these sources and found that the product was not built correctly.

Last summer (August 08) I contacted Mitchell Hill of AZ Bulldog Manufacturing about purchasing a front and rear bumper
(with tire carrier) for my Jeep. I sent him payment for these bumpers on August 8, 2008 and recieved them a few weeks later. After looking at the bumpers, I decided (for reasons that don't need to be mentioned at this time) to contact Mitchell about returning the bumpers for a refund. He thanked me for my business and told me that he would give me a refund. I sent the bumpers back to him and when he recieved them, he sent me a message that he would process my refund right away.

I still haven't recieved my refund. Mitchell won't return my phone calls, reply to my messages or emails.

Using this site as a valuable research tool, I felt very comfortable purchasing these bumpers from one of our site supporters (I know...he's no longer a site supporter).

To me, a site supporter offering home-made products is no different than someone offering something through one of these 'virtual craft fairs'.

I fear now that I am not going to get my money refunded.

Be careful....you might get burned.

Last edited by WitchKing; 04-28-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

just so that it's clear, AZ Bulldog was not allowed to sell his products in the basement builders crafts fair because it was discovered that he was a shop. in fact, his account here was originally suspended after making this discovery. he later signed up to become a sponsor but his sponsorship was later revoked due to the fact that so many members on this forum were having issues with him.

i'd also like to state for the record that ALL basement builder participants are REQUIRED to have products in hand and ready to ship and we REQUIRE that they ONLY use PayPal as a means to accept payment. this is for your protection and for those selling their homemade products.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OlegFl
I usually don't fear much because I buy stuff only through paypal... and they seem to be buyer friendly and will always get you your money back.

Sorrry for your loss though
I paid for the bumpers using paypal.

I kept getting messages from Mitch saying he was on his way to the bank to get my refund, that it was already in the mail, or that he couldn't refund through paypal because of issues on his side.. I finally contacted paypal and they said that after 90 days, they couldn't do anything to help me.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly recommend tying your PayPal account to a credit card to make purchases. Credit cards charges are much easier to dispute than PayPals-- Paypal is not very good about disputes/refunds. If you tie the account to a credit card, instead of disputing the purchase through paypal, you dispute the paypal charge through your CC company.

And, as far as CC companies go... Amex is by far the best. They will always get your money back.

Last edited by doojer; 04-28-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by WitchKing
I paid for the bumpers using paypal.

I kept getting messages from Mitch saying he was on his way to the bank to get my refund, that it was already in the mail, or that he couldn't refund through paypal because of issues on his side.. I finally contacted paypal and they said that after 90 days, they couldn't do anything to help me.
i am sorry for your loss - AZ Bulldog is clearly a crook if he never refunded you your money or sent you the bumper you ordered. please understand that we offer up these basement builders crafts fairs as a way to help our members out and we try our hardest to keep the participants honest.

the best i can tell everyone is that if you are interested in buying something at the fair, make sure the seller has the product on hand. if they don't and you are willing to wait for the item in question, DO NOT allow more than 30 days to to receive it. if you do not get it within that time, please cancel the order and have your charges reveresed.

Quick Reply: Basement Builder Virtual Craft Fair - BE WARNED!!!!!