Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Beating a dead horse: Extended Warranty on 2007 JKU with ~70k - need guidance

Old 09-17-2013, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you just got the engine replaced and it has warranty, I would keep the money in savings and use it if needed. You should be able to do most repairs for not to much money seeing as there are lots of jks out there.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 AM
Irn
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone. I've decided to pocket the extra $2000 into savings and just put money in it if in case I need more repairs. The only worry I have is where the hell did the oil go. I know most of you guys say it burns off but 15 years of driving and 6 cars, I've never once had this problem. I get my oil changed every 3k miles and never miss. The engine died at 2500. They replaced it and are doing an oil consumption test on the new engine to see what difference it makes. Fingers crossed it's not something else that's causing the oil to burn and that it's just the engine. Gah I wish I had just bought a stock 2013 I've heard better things about the 3.6L versus my 3.8L. Time will tell I guess. I'm just happy to have my Jeep back! Engine is covered 3yrs/100k by Jasper so we'll see what happens.

Quick Reply: Beating a dead horse: Extended Warranty on 2007 JKU with ~70k - need guidance