Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Being Topless Pays Off!!

Old 06-30-2014, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Being Topless Pays Off!!

I was driving down the road today to meet my wife for lunch when a guy in a pickup pulled up next to me at a light asking me if I wanted a soft top for my Jeep. Umm...yea! So i pulled into a Walmart parking lot and he gave me what looks to be an OEM Unlimited top that also appears to be brand new and I believe it has all the parts, door frame accessories, bolts and the front header.

I was ecstatic because I have a hard top but would love a soft top for those pop up showers here in NC, since I ride topless daily with just a spiderweb shade top, but I have a 2DR not a 4DR. So.....I am not sure where this needed to be posted since I am new to the forums but I am looking for a trade or someone to purchase this. I can provide pictures if need be, any direction or help with pointing me in the right direction would be great!

THANKS!!!!

o|||||o
Old 06-30-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky! Does it have any part numbers on it?
Old 06-30-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So some guy just randomly gave you a brand new top? Is it hot? lol
Old 06-30-2014, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by afpilot82
So some guy just randomly gave you a brand new top? Is it hot? lol
Originally Posted by PBone
Lucky! Does it have any part numbers on it?
My wife asked me the same thing...lol...he had some of the boxes and they seemed to be older labels so I think they are legit. I didn't see the part number on the top itself but I honestly didn't look too much. I did see the part number on the door assembly pieces (05182829AF).

I know that doesn't help a lot but I will have to get the top back out and try to find some numbers.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow... my wife was driving my jeep around today with no top in fayetteville... lucky you!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jmatta33
wow... my wife was driving my jeep around today with no top in fayetteville... lucky you!
HAHA yea I guess so! I was heading to PDQ...worked out, too bad it wasn't for a 2DR!!

Quick Reply: Being Topless Pays Off!!