Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bent Axle

Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent Axle

I took the Jeep in on Tuesday because the right front axle seal was leaking again (2nd time) and the doors are clunking. Talked to the service writer yesterday and he says that the axle is bent and the new axle had just arrived. I told him I'd never heard of an axle bending unless someone had really been banging around and doing jumps and he said "yeah I know, but hey, that's what it's for so ......" Then he told me that the head mechanic had looked at the door latches and just wanted to grease them but he had ordered the new latch assemblies anyway and was having them installed. On top of that he gave me a rental car while my Jeep is in the shop!
I know that many people are having issues with their local Jeep service departments so I just wanted to give a shout out to Hunter Dodge in Lancaster, CA for their customer support. Of course their sales staff is still a bunch of weasels who woundn't know a Challenger from a GEM cart, but the service dept still seems to be OK.
Also they have several left over '08 JK's and so does Power Dodge/Jeep in Valencia, CA. They might be willing to make a serious deal to get them off the lot.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always like to hear of a good service department and wish mine was like that. mine isn't bad, but they also don't go out of their way unless you are pushy.

as for the "bent" axle, a number of people, including myself have experienced this without any major wheeling activity when it happened. there are a few threads on the board about it.

Quick Reply: Bent Axle