Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

the best off road lights EVER!!!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best off road lights EVER!!!

no i dont have them!! just wondered what light you have or have had that really impressed you ! i know there is alot of them to choose from but i want to hear from people that have used a few of the diffrent brands and one really stuck out as being the britest!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

ps im talking about windshield mounted lights!!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

If you're looking for windshield lights that IMO look and fit perfectly are the Lightforce 170's. I had the HIDs and haven't had any trouble with them. When I first purchased them, one of my ballasts went out which in turn was faulty but Lightforce had no problem repairing them free of charge and overnighting them back to me. Great customer service. You can get different lenses for different applications along with being able to change the pattern of the light output. All in all these lights are definitely worth it. Although if you're ever looking for lights to mount a little lower, I would hands down go straight for the Rigid Industries dually LED d2 lights. These small lights put out about 3x as much as my headlights do. These lights have more of flood pattern so I wouldn't recommend putting these up on your windshield as they're really going to light up your hood.

Attachment 222479Attachment 222476Attachment 222477Attachment 222478
Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

My vote is for Rigid Industries. They are really bright and super low draw.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

So i bought the duallys and mounted them but realized they were the floods... Now with the D2s they have floods and spots... I love my duallys but need to mount them on my bumper and get some D2s on my windsheild mounts!!! def- recommend RIGID!

Last edited by Bucko; 10-12-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bucko
So i bought the duallys and mounted them but realized they were the floods... Now with the D2s they have floods and spots... I love my duallys but need to mount them on my bumper and get some D2s on my windsheild mounts!!! def- recommend RIGID!
I got a free pair of Dually lights (not the 2, but the 1) from Poison Spyder from their July promo. Had them mounted beneath the brawlerbar above my Hawes fairlead. They throw out a nice amount of light to supplement my headlights.

Attachment 222486
Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my KC slimline w/s mount lights, right price, easy to install, good instructions and if I break one; easy to replace.
Attachment 222487
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

im interested in the Rigid Industries you guys are talking about, do you have flood or spot on your wiendshields? do they look as good as the round style lights in person?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob Thario
My vote is for Rigid Industries. They are really bright and super low draw.

Love these! I have heard of them before, never really seen a pair of them, hows the light they give out? Is it long range or driving?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've posted these pictures in other windshield light threads, but here they are again - for your viewing pleasure. They are nice and bright for the size and amount of draw they have.

The spill across the hood isn't too bad because they sit lower vs. most 6"+ round lights. They will be on the short list of lights for on the bumper for me, too.

Quick Reply: the best off road lights EVER!!!