Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Sliders for half doors

Old 03-02-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Sliders for half doors

Not so much a rumor...per e-mail comms, I have been told that sometime this millenium we should have the glass sliding windows for the upper half of our half doors...would be nice..I don't know why it takes so long, considering we are on year 3 of our JK...should be an option by DM.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

They are also making half door lowers for both the 2 and 4 door... even have them for sale at ALL the online retailers. Try to order them and you find they are backordered. That's for an item supposedly available RIGHT NOW.

I guess I'm saying...I'll believe it when I see it. As soon as half doors with sliding uppers are available I will buy them!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:02 AM
JK Newbie

The JK is still a fairly new model, so it doesn't have enough owners who want parts like that for their Jeep. That's why most companies are taking their time producing accessories. Same thing happened when TJ's came out.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I couldn't help myself.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RockRiders
The JK is still a fairly new model, so it doesn't have enough owners who want parts like that for their Jeep. That's why most companies are taking their time producing accessories. Same thing happened when TJ's came out.
I heard that there was a lot of interest in these doors at last years SEMA show. Some of the guys from my local shop went there but did not see any examples but just alot of talk and inquiries about it. So it seems the interest is there, the manufacturers just need to get off their butts and produce them.

Quick Reply: Bestop Sliders for half doors