Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Unlimited Hardtop Arrives Today

Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Unlimited Hardtop Arrives Today

My Bestop hardtop arrives today from the shipper so if anyone has any installation tips please share them. I presume the Jeep manual provides soft top removal instructions which is likely where I will need the most help. Not sure how to store the soft top (rolled up in a protective bag?). I won't be able to install the hardtop until the weekend when I have an extra set of hands. I am told the "package" weighs over 200lbs but a lot of that has to be packaging/crating materials. Looking forward to the unveiling soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bestop 3.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	2259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bestop 5.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	2261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bestop 1.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	2262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bestop 8.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	2263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bestop 9.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2264  

Last edited by kb7our; 07-04-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Added Images of Installed Bestop Hardtop
Old 05-23-2007, 12:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kb7our
My Bestop hardtop arrives today from the shipper so if anyone has any installation tips please share them. I presume the Jeep manual provides soft top removal instructions which is likely where I will need the most help. Not sure how to store the soft top (rolled up in a protective bag?). I won't be able to install the hardtop until the weekend when I have an extra set of hands. I am told the "package" weighs over 200lbs but a lot of that has to be packaging/crating materials. Looking forward to the unveiling soon.
Have you found out if there is a window defogger/rear wiper/washer on the Bestop? That will require some serious wiring and switches if you plan on making them activate.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

I'm interested in seeing what this thing looks like compared to the factory top. Take some detailed pics. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well the hardtop is here...crate is ~270lbs and well packed. I pulled the font roof section out and the workmanship appears first rate as one might expect for what this thing costs. No rear wiper which I knew (have had one on numerous vehicles but rarely used - get a little dirt back there and use the wiper washer and you have mud), but a defroster is built in and pre-wired for the Jeep factory harness. After I finish a full inspection for scratches/damage (none at first appearance) I need to read how to remove/stow the sunrider top and contemplate that removal process - have not done that yet as the Jeep is 2 weeks old. I will try to grab some pics but that probably won't happen until this weekend. First appearances are quite positive.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Just posting to be updating with pics. I would like to see the top when you get pics.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I got the top on and will try to get some pics posted tomorrow. This will be my first attempt on this forum so need to see how to do it.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

if you want send me the pics at luisjgc@sbcglobal.net and i will post them for you..

this is a very important write up...specialy for me since i like the looks of the best top hard top..!!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pics

Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics Pics .
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please .
Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Need pics.............
Old 07-03-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Where's the Beef..... I mean PICS!!!!

Quick Reply: Bestop Unlimited Hardtop Arrives Today