Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Beyound the Jeep Wave

Old 08-23-2013, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beyound the Jeep Wave

Yesterday had a fellow Jeeper in my neck of the woods not only wave, but stopped traffic so I could make a left hand turn across traffic. I've seen this person a couple of times in passing. This time when when she saw me with left turn signal on, she started waving first and stooped all kinds of traffic behind her. I smiled and waved back while turning in front of her Jeep. It was a cool moment in time. Whoever you are Thanks!!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FreedomJeep13
Yesterday had a fellow Jeeper in my neck of the woods not only wave, but stopped traffic so I could make a left hand turn across traffic. I've seen this person a couple of times in passing. This time when when she saw me with left turn signal on, she started waving first and stooped all kinds of traffic behind her. I smiled and waved back while turning in front of her Jeep. It was a cool moment in time. Whoever you are Thanks!!!!
I had this same thing happen few weeks back! There's an event in our area every year called the 400 mile yard sale. I was trying to turn left but traffic was bumper to bumpers far as you could see, with everyone looking at the goods and not letting me in. This older couple in a JKU stopped in his lane waving me across. He continued sitting there, for what seemed like forever, until someone on the other side done the same to let me out! Very Cool!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Electricbug2011

I had this same thing happen few weeks back! There's an event in our area every year called the 400 mile yard sale. I was trying to turn left but traffic was bumper to bumpers far as you could see, with everyone looking at the goods and not letting me in. This older couple in a JKU stopped in his lane waving me across. He continued sitting there, for what seemed like forever, until someone on the other side done the same to let me out! Very Cool!
That yard sale sounds like the one that is in my area of Ky too. I've heard this actually runs all the way to Fl. Glad to hear someone else experienced this traffic stop. Have a good day!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had this happen to me before so i try to pay it forward! :thumbup:
Old 08-23-2013, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FreedomJeep13

That yard sale sounds like the one that is in my area of Ky too. I've heard this actually runs all the way to Fl. Glad to hear someone else experienced this traffic stop. Have a good day!!!
It is. It runs from below Gadsden, AL to Ohio. It's the Hwy 127 yard sale.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear there are still some good folks left.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Electricbug2011

It is. It runs from below Gadsden, AL to Ohio. It's the Hwy 127 yard sale.
Yea that sounds right. Funny in Ky we call it the 800 mile yard sale. Guess we only recognize our friends to the South. Heck I don't know, sounded funny when I typed it. Take Care
Old 08-23-2013, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Lol. Yeah I went north of the river from to KY to Cincinnati once. Lasted about two hours. Hahaha. Being from Alabama and my wife from Tn, we didn't think we needed to stay to long
Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ha, that's awesome! I haven't had anyone stop traffic for me yet, but I have noticed PILES of what I consider "younger" (and i'm only 33) folks just spontaneously wave at me in admiration of simply having a Jeep!

Hell, I was getting a tea at McDeath's the other morning and these two workers were outside changing the drive-thru sign and I roll up with my doors and top off and they both turned and started up a conversation about how bad ass it was. The conversation consisted of language such as "that shit is tight yo" and "I need some shit like that mang!" ... When they mentioned getting one and slapping some 20's on it, they lost me and I ordered my shit and sped off. But, to each their own!

Regardless, it's cool to see people envy your ride and I can't wait for somebody to stop traffic for me! Perhaps i'll do the same!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
I've had this happen to me before so i try to pay it forward! :thumbup:
That's the plan, to pay it forward when the opportunity becomes available.

Quick Reply: Beyound the Jeep Wave