Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

BFG M/T KM2's

Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG M/T KM2's

Gentlemen...sorry and Ladies,

Just wondering how the above noted tires perform in mud... I mean REALLY perform. I was looking at boggers, but just don't know if that's the best route to go.

I can get these at cost + 20 bucks shipping. For example, I just got BFG AT's 37x12.5x17's installed on my chevy yesterday and I paid 1400 bucks cdn (yes there is a difference now, before anyone makes that comment) vs 1800'ish from discount tire. Thats installed, balanced, wheels shined and a smile from the manager!

But there is ALOT of mud here and I need tires that'll do well in it! Thanks guys....and gals!

Here's a pic of my wife's chevy... its a pavement princess so please be gentle.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Z71 on 37's.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	14198  
Old 10-15-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bf goodrich mud tires are awesume, I have had them on all my trucks and jeeps and never had a problem with them
Old 10-15-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

BFG/MT/KM2s perform excellent in the mud , even better than the older BFG/MTs, that said though BOGGERS are "the" mud-tire hands down , nothing out there comes close, not KM2s, nor BAJA Claws, yada yada yada, BOGGERS clean better is the bottom line. For the mud it sounds like you have to deal with, I'd say go with the KM2s, they are radials, quiet and are one of the best mud/rock/snow tires out there.

BOGGERS are bias-ply tires which will have flat spots in the mornings that work themselves out after about a mile (no big deal), they ride rough compared to any radial and they are still to date the LOUDEST tire on the market with NITTO MUD GRAPPLERS to follow.

I personally love BOGGERS , had them on two TJs and I like the rough ride, the noise, etc, and 35(height)x16.50(wide) look absolutely killer on a Jeep, but they suck by comparision with a KM2 riding comfy and quiet...

hope that helps a little from personal experience...
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just what I was looking for... thanks man!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 On the KM2s No chips, cuts, as of yet they do awesome in mud clean really well and perform just as well on rocks and just about everything else. Plus they arent loud at all on road great tire all around.

Quick Reply: BFG M/T KM2's