Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bikini Top work with Sunrider Door Rails????

Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bikini Top work with Sunrider Door Rails????

Well, I just ordered a Bikini Top for the wife's JK after our Long weekend road trip with the kids with the top down. It was 41C (106F) a little warm and sunny for the kid's. So, I placed an order to National 4wd in Langley to get a Black Safari Bikini Top. I got the front windshield bar ordered with it.

However, the guy I was dealing with had no clue what I was talking about with a possible issue with my Factory door rails:

Will this Bikini Top work with my Door Rails for my factory soft top with the SUNRIDER hinge above the B-pillar????

The reason I ask is there is that metal hinge that holds the soft top in the sunrider position just above the B-pillar. This hinge sticks up about 2inches when the roof is off, but will move down when you clip the softop into place. I have looked at this hinge attached to the door rails and it does not look like you can remove it that easily without some damage or breakage.

Or am I worrying over nothing and the Safari Top does not use the Door Rails??????

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 07-02-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by karnuvore
MY best top bikini top was designed w/ the clamp in mind. Has some space there and pushes the clamp down.
That's the answer I want to hear! I was not sure if the Safari Bikini Top would consider this clamp/hinge on the door rails.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by karnuvore
Mine can attach to the door frames or to the roll bar. I prefer the door frames on so that if it rains, most of it drains off onto the side of the jeep and not onto my leg and arm.

That is the exact reason I wanted to keep the stock softop door rails so my legs and arms stay dry as well as the kids in the back car seats.

Quick Reply: Bikini Top work with Sunrider Door Rails????