Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

black wire, sirius?

Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your sig needs a line that sounds something like "Do not buy anything from(insert dealer name here) Jeep" No Dealership should call their customers ass holes and get away with it. DCX should pull their 5 Star rating for that stunt.

Ty
Old 05-12-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

I bought my jeep on febuary 5, 2006. I have tired getting there 5 star raiting pulled since febuary 10. I have had nothing but trouble with them right from the day I went to buy my jeep.

I am 19, and went one day after work on my own, the first to people who talked to me blew me off when they found out my age, the third sales person was a girl who is also 19 and had no clue about jeeps. I had done all my research here and elsewhere online so I could of cared less if I bought it from a dog as long as it was new. Needless to say I got finacning no problem and took my jeep home the next day .

Then thiere BS started. They told me I had sirius in the jeep, the vin # said it does. I figured I needed to activate it when I got home, started going through papers looking for instruction and couldn't find any thing. Called the dealer they checked and I had the wrong radio, Told me no problem new one will be overnighted and they will install it no charge. About two weeks later I call back to inquire, They never ordered it. Now the sirius is back ordered and my estimate arival date is april 20. Needless to say I flipped and the dealler did not even apologize. I called dcx to file a complaint.

Fast foward to St. Patty's day, My jeep starts poping out of 1st 3rd and 5th. It's 2 am and I am 3 towns from where I live, not wanting to die on the way home I call road side care. They tell me, we can not get you a tow truck because I am in a non-covered area. I baby the jeep home in 2nd, 4th and 6th. Next morning call and am told no towing company will come to my home on a sunday. (irony is my brother was on call as a tow truck driver and lives with me.) They tell me call back on monday morning, so I do. They finally come tow the jeep to the dealer who told me that 24 hour road side is any where in america 24-7. Ask what the hell happened and get told "well there are areas they can't cover 24-7."

its 3:30 and I get to leave work, I will finish the saga when I get home sorry for any one actully intrested.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
Thanks If you could post a picture of it too that would be awesome.
I just looked-- I have a wire at the exact same spot.

This could be normal, or it could be that my 5-star dealer is as lame as yours. I'm leaning toward the latter-- I just had to leave it with them this past Thursday so they could fix all the things they broke/scratched when they rotated the tires & installed tow hooks

There is another dealership that's about 45 miles away from me, but it's service department does both Jeep & Mercedes vehicles, and I've heard from other Jeep owners that they are worlds better service-wise.

I'll probably be taking my Jeep there within the month, when I do I'll ask them about the Sirius antenna.

To be honest, I can live with where it's at, if that's the normal installation 'look'. I've had Sirius in other vehicles and I've been able to see where the antenna runs if I really look in every nook & cranny. And it's not really in a spot that you'd accidentally grab the wire & pull it with your foot. I've seen the wire they installed, and it's got retaining eyelets all along in specific spots. So I don't think the wire can be pulled loose or go anywhere major.

I can take a picture of the wire in my Jeep if you want, but seriously-- it looks just like yours, except my body color is Red Rock.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

5 star doesn't mean crap...
Old 05-13-2007, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the concern guys, but now for more!

The shifter problem ended up being an internal boot, no biggie they just took it out and ordered me a new one, said when it was in the would call me and I could just bring it back in. ( I think it shifted much better with out one and plan on having another dealer pull the boot out again )

Fast foward, April 20, I bring the jeep in to have the RADIO done, the service manager tells me 2 hours in the morning and we will have you out of here, I said no problem, took the morning off of work and went to the dealer. After 3 hours the manager comes out hands me the keys and says, "We put the new boot in, We're gonna need it back to do the radio" Needless to say I flipped again, called DCX while standing infront of the salesman and the service manger and asked if a 5 star dealer just meant clean bathrooms? Dcx had the dealer do the radio that day, took another 3 hours but my father was out of work that day so he brought me up to where I work. Walking out of the dealer that day I swore never to go in there again but now I find this wire and I know if I bring it to another dealer they are going to charge me. Guess I will open her all up today when I get home from work to see where the extra wire is tucked so I can run it in a safe way.

Quick Reply: black wire, sirius?