Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Black X or Silver Sahara???

Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black X or Silver Sahara???

Obviously it is personal preference but need some thoughts on this one. Looking to buy a dual-top Unlimited. I've found a black X (side steps, power pkg, tow pkg, 17" wheels) and a silver Sahara (Sirius, 18" wheels). I like black but not sure I like the unpainted fenders. I cannot locate a black Sahara that anyone is willing to deal on.

The Sahara adds the upgraded stereo and YES seats. I don't really care about 18s or Sirius as I will probably change the wheels eventually anyway.

Price difference is roughly $1k.

Thoughts on those that debated X vs Sahara????
Old 06-19-2007, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default Imo

As you know, it is what you like

To me, it comes down to the Un/painted fenders
I do NOT like the look of the painted fenders

Thus, would I go with the X
In addition, you wll save some money if you are getting or swapping out 17 wheels vs swapping out 18 wheels

Better yet, save even more, swap out the 17 on the X for some 16's

Good Luck
Old 06-19-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKinTN
Obviously it is personal preference but need some thoughts on this one. Looking to buy a dual-top Unlimited. I've found a black X (side steps, power pkg, tow pkg, 17" wheels) and a silver Sahara (Sirius, 18" wheels). I like black but not sure I like the unpainted fenders. I cannot locate a black Sahara that anyone is willing to deal on.

The Sahara adds the upgraded stereo and YES seats. I don't really care about 18s or Sirius as I will probably change the wheels eventually anyway.

Price difference is roughly $1k.

Thoughts on those that debated X vs Sahara????

For me I would be sold if one had the 4.10 axle ratio for the improved towing and offroad capabilities.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

I don't know, it's a hard choice... But in my view, it is preference. I don't care for painted fenders but black is hard to keep clean. I agree, the 4.10 gears on the X would be key (I assume it has 4.10 because of the tow package) . I also think the 18" wheels might be a waste if you are upgrading the tires/wheels for the trail. But again, it's an opinion thing...

Old 06-19-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Never assume dealers have been known to do wierd things like put the hitch on one and call it a tow package. It would boil down to the rear end for me as well. Of course the Sahara I got had that and it had the 18"wheels to gain ground clearance because I knew I would not have upgrade money anytime soon. All in all I think it was a good choice. BTW I just have the simple stock one disc radio and am plent happy with that. Keep in mind anything you do not like can be changed however starting with the best possible configuration and working up is a whole lot better than starting way down and modding everything unless you are into that sort of thing.

Quick Reply: Black X or Silver Sahara???