Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

BOLT HI Lift J Mount and mirrors

Old 07-08-2017, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOLT HI Lift J Mount and mirrors

I can't seem to find if I can use the BOLT Hi Lift jack mount (by driver side door) and the quick release side mirrors (Rugged Ridge mirrors). Anyone use these in combination?

Seems to look fine, but checking in. ???

Also, newby question: if flat tire on hwy, do I use Hi Lift or the std jack?

Thx
Old 07-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Use your standard jack for highway operation. The hi-lift is a great tool best reserved for training and off-road use only. Be familiar with it before you need it. My hi-lift is strictly for off-road use and even then I don't carry it everywhere.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much. Lots to learn.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Just to expand on what Karl wrote: One of the ways a Hi-lift is used is raising a vehicle that is high-centered up, then pushing it over so it falls off the jack and past the rock (or whatever) upon which it is high-centered. There is no difference between jacking up a vehicle to do that, and jacking up a vehicle to change a tire. IOW: A Hi-lift can easily fall over while changing a tire. On top of that, unless you've done some mods to your Jeep (bumpers, etc), you probably don't have anywhere you want to lift with one. The OEM jack is not that great, and may be insufficient if you've got a lift and large tires. Recommend carrying a better jack--bottle or a small floor jack. If money is tight, at least carry a block of wood if your OEM jack doesn't reach high enough.

Quick Reply: BOLT HI Lift J Mount and mirrors