Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

bottomless pit

Old 08-16-2010, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bottomless pit

Well I keep hearing about the JK's bottomless pit right between the windscreen and the dash. Well as i was trying to find a hold to run my wire for my Hella's on my JK, I thought just go under the windscreen. Well it was my last and probably my only option at that point. I took a couple pics with my Iphone4 camera of the hole with the windscreen angled forward for everyone's viewing pleasure. It is not a deep hole only like 2in deep.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 2-inch deep hole does not eat entire CD cases, as this one has done. It has also eaten bills and other assorted mail.

And once an entire Papa John's pizza.

Two inches my ass.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
A 2-inch deep hole does not eat entire CD cases, as this one has done. It has also eaten bills and other assorted mail.

And once an entire Papa John's pizza.

Two inches my ass.
Your Jeep ate a whole pizza?! That's awesome! I wouldn't even be angry. I'd be impressed!
Old 08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kalamari
Your Jeep ate a whole pizza?! That's awesome! I wouldn't even be angry. I'd be impressed!
I ATE A WHOLE PIZZA ONCE ..... I THOUGHT IT WAS OVER RATED
Old 08-16-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

If you did angle the 'windscreen' forward to take a better picture, then you effectively closed off part of the pit making it look shallower/smaller than it actually is.
It is there to accommodate the windshield hinge and when you push the windshield forward, it closes up. Just stuff some 1/2 inch pipe insulation in there and you will never lose anything again. (in that particular place)
Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cppower
If you did angle the 'windscreen' forward to take a better picture, then you effectively closed off part of the pit making it look shallower/smaller than it actually is.
It is there to accommodate the windshield hinge and when you push the windshield forward, it closes up. Just stuff some 1/2 inch pipe insulation in there and you will never lose anything again. (in that particular place)
Funny enough....I valet park cars for a living. Most times our dash tags go missing in jks. Well the other day I parked a Jk that had factory "weather stripping" type stuff above the bottomless pit! I was surprised. It was a brand new rental jku. 2011-2012 not sure. But it came with a factory rubber seal there

Quick Reply: bottomless pit