Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Brake change, ABS and Track Control Light On

Old 07-08-2019, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake change, ABS and Track Control Light On

He guys and gals. Just looking to see if anyone has any experience or knows what I could do. I recently changed the brakes on my 2016 Jeep Wrangler Willy’s, did rotors, and pads l. Bought the powerstop kit with slotted rotors. As soon as I was done the ABS sensor light and traction control light came on. They seem to go off and on. Just wondering if there is anything I could check myself without taking it in to the dealer. I think I may noticed they go on once I turn sharply. Any ideas?
Old 07-08-2019, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Considering you just did brakes, chance maybe you knocked connection loose on one of the rear sensors? I'd think that would be most likely culprit....maybe it's connected, but just loose enough it flickers back and forth triggering the lights and esp to kick in.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Considering you just did brakes, chance maybe you knocked connection loose on one of the rear sensors? I'd think that would be most likely culprit....maybe it's connected, but just loose enough it flickers back and forth triggering the lights and esp to kick in.
Good idea, I’m going to go disconnect and reconnect all. Then disconnect battery to reset.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

When I replaced my front brake pads. Those lights came on the 1st time I turned on my JK immediately after installing the pads, but then turned off after I pumped the brakes and drove for about 100 yards. Maybe something is not working right with the rear calipers if your dash lights are turning off and then back on?

I'm imagining the reason my lights came on is because I obviously had to manually compress the calipers to install the new pads. Then after my calipers moved back to the proper position after pumping the brakes and driving a short distance then those lights turned back off.

Quick Reply: Brake change, ABS and Track Control Light On