Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Broke into the JK last nite

Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke into the JK last nite

So some Ahole got into my Jeep last night (well basically opened the door) and rummaged through my console and glove box. I had nothing of value, or so I think, bacially left papers on my seat.

Im kinda pissed. Wanna leave it topless and wait with a baseball bat in anticipation....

I guess its time for an alarm.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I'm glad that nothing was stolen and that the criminal used the door instead of cutting through the top . Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Sorry that this happened, but on the plus side, it sounds like they didn't do any permanent damage, which is the exception and not the rule!

Hey, not to be a downer or anything, but have you checked to make sure that you're not missing stuff with personal information on it? You've got to be careful to watch out for identity theft these days...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Sucks to hear about that man. I'm guessing you leave the doors unlocked? That's a smart thing to do with a soft top. I did that in my YJ for the longest time. I had people go through it every once in a while, but I never had anything of value in it.
Even when nothing is missing, it still feels like someone violated you.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LilBuddy
We've started locking the console and glove box...just in case. But that doesn't help for the items that won't fit in there and have to be left out. Sorry that it happenend to ya!
A word of caution:

The stock console and glove box won't stop any thief worth their meth/crack rocks... they can break those locks VERY easily, or simply destroy the plastic around them. You'd be actually be better off leaving them unlocked, because that way you wouldn't come back to preventable damage if someone got in.

If security is a real concern, buy a Tuffy console or similar, and invest in a decent alarm with motion sensor (for those times with top down / off).
Old 04-30-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

I have to check again, they did take a pack of Malboro Lights from me...
All my papers were just sitting on my seat. Im not one to call the cops, cus, well, for the most part I don't have faith in them. Is that what normal ppl do?

Should I call my insurance ?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conradfreedumb
I have to check again, they did take a pack of Malboro Lights from me...
All my papers were just sitting on my seat. Im not one to call the cops, cus, well, for the most part I don't have faith in them. Is that what normal ppl do?

Should I call my insurance ?
Well in that case you should thank them for adding a few extra minutes to your life!

I have the Tuffy Console and just leave the glove box with nothing of value. I think it would take a little while to get into that Tuffy box.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I could have been worse. It could have been stolen like my '03 Rubi just was...RIP Rubi.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Im your 1st post had to bring up bad memories.

Im thinking about installing an alarm a Viper 3202V.
It's about 299 installed. Anyone know If Im going to need a bypass for the Sentry?

I don't carry anything really in the jeep besides a jacket and sippie cups. I don't leave it just anywhere. If had, had an alarm I would've of heard it last night. I live on a corner house on a busy interesection lol, sonof a%>$$!

Anyone try the radar sensor inside the jeep. Im thinking of going with a cheaper untit (still Viper) and adding that field disturbance sensor... good for when cats or douchebags that like going through my sh*t, and get some alarm go off in thier face!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my jeep was robbed last month. the person got my cell phone charger and my GPS mount. luckly, my GPS attenia was in the apartment, and my GPS is my phone which i carry with me all the time. it happened when the doors and top were off. pissed me off no end. now i lock everything in either the consol or glove box. its not tuffy stuff, but it'll be enough to slow a person down and keep them from walking up and just grabbing something.

i have a theroy that is was this one guy at work. he left his dog in the car during the day while at work and i warned him about it and that he should take the dog home, but someone else turned him into the police. i didn't turn him in, but someone else in my building did and i think he thought it was me so he was going to get back at me because of it. he lost his job over it. it wasn't the sole reason he was fired, but it didn't help him. i was parked right next to him as well. dunno, just wierd that i noticed the stuff missing from my jeep a day after that happened...

Quick Reply: Broke into the JK last nite