Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Broke a Personal Record!

Old 10-07-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke a Personal Record!

Generally, when I buy a aftermarket part for any of my present, or past, vehicles I install it right away. However, I bought a Superwinch EPi9.0, on sale, during the first week of last December, but did not install it until the last week of September. That means I had a fairly pricey modification sitting in my garage for 10 months! Needless to say, that broke a personal record for me between buying and installing a mod.

With that said, it made me wonder if others here have done the same thing (I know you have!). Post up your story, along with a picture of the guilty part. Here's mine!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GWNF Rev.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	220325
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, how did you do it???

For me, it won't even touch the ground outside the house from the back of the delivery truck!

Im just impatient, nothing can wait. Especially when its the jeep!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stuff gets delivered to work. I hate if I have to wait until the end of the work day to get it installed. Typically I will try to sneak out early.....or if it is an easy mod I will sneak down during lunch and install it.

My wife and I work for the same company.....so we carpool. It is harder to hide bigger mods from her. If it gets delivered to work, she will see it when we leave. But I also can't beat her home to hide the UPS/FedEx package sitting on the front door step.

I've learned to order it, keep it at my desk. Then say I have to run into work on the weekend and pick it up!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh my gosh!!!!! I think you should have titled it, "I'm personally crazy"!!!:rotflma o2: LOL, just kidding, how could you stand waiting like that? I'm waiting for the UPS guy with my tools in my hand!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought Bushwacker flares pretty cheap around six months ago. They sat in my brothers garage because I never seemed to find time to get around to installing them... Mainly because I installed a bunch of other mods first, like a lift kit, tire carrier, 35s, and GOBI rack. I finally set some time aside last weekend but what's even funnier is I still only did the fronts!

Guilty as charged.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2618032704.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	222493
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
I bought Bushwacker flares pretty cheap around six months ago. They sat in my brothers garage because I never seemed to find time to get around to installing them... Mainly because I installed a bunch of other mods first, like a lift kit, tire carrier, 35s, and GOBI rack. I finally set some time aside last weekend but what's even funnier is I still only did the fronts!

Guilty as charged.

Attachment 222493
were they as hard to install is i think they were?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greenenvey

were they as hard to install is i think they were?
More time consuming than difficult cause there's a hundred steps you have to do/follow. The installation in the write-ups section was fairly easy to work with.

Quick Reply: Broke a Personal Record!