Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Broken Window

Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Window

Lastnight someone broke my drivers window and my alarm scared them off they didnt even open the door so nothing was taken. It sucks but it could have been worse because my cousin lives with us and he is usually parked on the street and his 08 X doesnt have an alarm so they could have had there way with his Jeep and we wouldnt have found out until this morning.

I cleaned out one side of the garage and parked it inside and started cleaning out the glass and it is everywhere. You guys have any tips for getting it out of the seats?

John
Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Smudge
Lastnight someone broke my drivers window and my alarm scared them off they didnt even open the door so nothing was taken. It sucks but it could have been worse because my cousin lives with us and he is usually parked on the street and his 08 X doesnt have an alarm so they could have had there way with his Jeep and we wouldnt have found out until this morning.

I cleaned out one side of the garage and parked it inside and started cleaning out the glass and it is everywhere. You guys have any tips for getting it out of the seats?

John
A shop vac will work wonders. You can also wrap tape so the sticky side is out and gently pat like you would for lint however the shop vac is the better and easier option.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

park it outside again... but on the street and sit in a window with a 300 win mag with balistic tips... baddy shows up...

BOOM...

Officer: "What happened here?"

You: "I dont know... i think this guy on the ground just ran into a bullet."

Officer: "Your bullet??"

You: " I dont understand the question... no hablo english buddy."

Offier: "Oh... okay, have a nice day."
Old 01-17-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shop Vac... Those seats are pretty rough material, so I don't see glass really stuck in it...

Maybe get some clear window tint too, so if it happens again (god forbid) the tint will keep the glass from shattering too bad (usually).

This may also be an excuse to buy some Wet Okoles...

Question for you: Is crime high in your area?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Question for you: Is crime high in your area?[/QUOTE]

Nope and the policeman who came out said they rarely have any calls in my area.

My shop vac got all the large stuff what I was concerned with was the fine shiny dust all over the seats. I have used tape for dog hair many times but didnt think about it on the glass. Thanks only_in_my_jeep that cleaned it right up.

John

Last edited by Smudge; 01-18-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what do you think they were after? like do you have an aftermarket stereo or GPS in it? that really sucks
Old 01-18-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Smudge
Question for you: Is crime high in your area?
Nope and the policeman who came out said they rarely have any calls in my area.

My shop vac got all the large stuff what I was concerned with was the fine shiny dust all over the seats. I have used tape for dog hair many times but didnt think about it on the glass. Thanks only_in_my_jeep that cleaned it right up.

John[/QUOTE]

You are welcome. I knew because the same thing happened to me a while back in the suburban with no alarm. All they got was a cell phone and like $.50 in change. I turned the phone off with a quick call from the other phone before they even had a chance to use it. I was like 100+ miles from home family with me and without a shop vac but I had duck tape.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

It is the window repair guy's job to clean up the glass. Mine got busted out and it was all taken care of for $170 and they did the work at the house.

Result- I had a Viper 330V with infrared motion sensor installed to upgrade my factory alarm. $295 to have an alarm that works even if the doors are off is a small price to pay for some peace of mind. Plus I'll get a break on my insurance.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07JKX
park it outside again... but on the street and sit in a window with a 300 win mag with balistic tips... baddy shows up...

BOOM...

Officer: "What happened here?"

You: "I dont know... i think this guy on the ground just ran into a bullet."

Officer: "Your bullet??"

You: " I dont understand the question... no hablo english buddy."

Offier: "Oh... okay, have a nice day."

HA HA HA HA HA HA...

I agree with 07JKX, instead of a 300 win mag, though, a pressurized dart topped with a capsule of Hanta virus, Ebola, or Lassa Fever...you know, one of those horrible Biohazard Level 4 bad daddies...as soon as he touches your Jeep...<pfft!>, clean, into the neck, the only downside would be a potential epidemic...hmm, he shouldn't have messed with your rig in the first place...and I REALLY need to stop watching "Outbreak."

Russ D.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
what do you think they were after? like do you have an aftermarket stereo or GPS in it? that really sucks
I am guessing they could see the cradle for my sat radio and figured they could find a few goodies.

John

Quick Reply: Broken Window