Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buy 10A Rubicon or wait for Rubicon X?

Old 08-27-2013, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy 10A Rubicon or wait for Rubicon X?

I need you guys help. I wanted to get a 10A Rubicon but I didn't like the badges and embroidered seat covers very much. Obviously that's not a deal breaker but now with the Rubicon X coming out I'm having some thoughts. Maybe since the 10A was just supposed to be a one year thing they bumped up the price on it a bit just to make some extra cash on people. But now the since the Rubicon X (which is the same exact thing minus the badges which I didn't like in the first place) is coming out they might drop the price a bit just to move some more units out. So I'm on the fence. Should I wait for the Rubicon X or get the 10A now? If I were to wait how long do you think I would have to wait for an X? And are 10A even allowed to be ordered anymore? Any thoughts on if they might drop the price on the X, keep it the same or maybe even make it more expensive? Thanks for your help in advanced guys.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:05 PM
JK Junkie

I bet the x will be the exact same price
Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah I figured that as much too.. I was hoping maybe a bit cheaper tho. I guess no one else has an opinion on this.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

The 10a and X are over priced. I custom ordered my 2012 JKUR exactly the way I wanted it nothing more nothing less. I put more substantial bumpers, rock rails, lift, tires, and so on and I still don't have the cost of the 10a into it. When I bought mine the MW3 was around $43-46k I paid $36 for my 2012
Old 08-29-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

First they are producing 2014's now so too late to get a 10a unless it's already made. I would only get the X if it has all the options you want. If you plan on changing rims, tires, bumpers ect get a regular Rubicon and save the dollars.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

can someone tell me what the rubicon X is? hadn't heard of it.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mschneid
The 10a and X are over priced. I custom ordered my 2012 JKUR exactly the way I wanted it nothing more nothing less. I put more substantial bumpers, rock rails, lift, tires, and so on and I still don't have the cost of the 10a into it. When I bought mine the MW3 was around $43-46k I paid $36 for my 2012
I would do that but from past experiences I know to just order what I want from the factory and be done with it.
Originally Posted by v8zracer260z
First they are producing 2014's now so too late to get a 10a unless it's already made. I would only get the X if it has all the options you want. If you plan on changing rims, tires, bumpers ect get a regular Rubicon and save the dollars.
Hmm I guess I'll have to wait for the X then. The chances of them having exactly what I want are remote. I think the only thing I would change would be the tires 33's.. maybe get a lift eventually.. not to sure about that just yet tho. So yes the X is exactly what I want.
Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
can someone tell me what the rubicon X is? hadn't heard of it.
Its basically the same thing as a 10A except no badges or red seat option.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Its basically the same thing as a 10A except no badges or red seat option.
Well what are you paying for then? The AEV bumper? Does it have a tire carrier to support larger tires?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Post pics when you get it!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kh202
Well what are you paying for then? The AEV bumper? Does it have a tire carrier to support larger tires?
To be honest if I did get a 10A I wouldn't get red seats and I didn't like the badges anyway.. So yeah bumpers, hood, rims leather seats. Here's someone elses post on a different thread with what the X comes with.

Rubicon X pkg

17-inch aluminum wheels, painted satin black w/ polished faces, red Wrangler logo
BF Goodrich KM 255/75R17 tires
Black fuel filler door
Black leather seating
Dual-intake power dome hood
Front & rear winch-ready steel off-road bumpers w/ removable end caps
Heated front seats
Mopar rock rails
Premium Electronic Vehicle Information Center
Red “Rubicon” hood decals
Red tow hooks
Rubicon X gauge cluster logo
Silver interior accents
Tail lamp guards

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X
Available as a two-door Wrangler or four-door Wrangler Unlimited, the Rubicon X is the most capable
Wrangler in the line-up. Based on the Rubicon model, it is equipped with Wrangler’s part-time fourwheel-
drive system that has electronic-locking front and rear Dana 44 axles that receive power through
a Rock-Trac transfer case with a “4-Low” ratio of 4:1. A 4.10 axle ratio, front and rear, is also standard
as are Tru-Lok locking differentials. With a six-speed manual transmission, the Wrangler Rubicon X has
an impressive crawl ratio of 73.1:1 that makes it a breeze to negotiate any obstacle.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X has many features that make it distinctive, as well as the most off-road
capable Wrangler. BF Goodrich KM 255/75R17 tires are mounted on 17-inch Rubicon aluminum
wheels painted satin black with polished faces and a red Jeep Wrangler “icon” logo on the inside
pocket.
Black front and rear steel off-road bumpers toughen up the exterior, with the front bumper featuring
removable end caps and a winch-capable design. These removable end caps help the Wrangler climb
obstacles without hindrance, and reduce the damage potential to the bumper system. A dual-intake
Power Dome hood helps aid in engine cooling and gives Wrangler a more menacing appearance. Red
tow hooks adorn the front and rear, and Mopar rock rails give added protection from trail damage.
Mopar also supplies the black fuel filler door. A red-silhouette “Rubicon” decal, on both sides of the
hood, adds the finishing exterior touches to distinguish the Wrangler Rubicon X model’s added
capability.
The Wrangler Rubicon X comes standard with a Premium Sunrider soft top and is available with a black
three-piece Freedom hard top or body-color hard top.
The interior has special touches as well. Black leather seats are standard, as are seat heaters for the
front passengers. A unique gauge cluster features Rubicon X exclusive styling and also features a
premium Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) with added read-outs such as oil pressure,
transmission and coolant temperatures, digital speed and individual tire pressure. The passenger grab
handle features Quick Silver accents that are also found on the vent rings, steering wheel spokes and
door pulls.
Final design touches include Mopar slush mats and unique axle locker and sway-bar disconnect
switches.
Originally Posted by v8zracer260z
Post pics when you get it!
Of course! I plan on getting it in white if I order lol.

Quick Reply: Buy 10A Rubicon or wait for Rubicon X?