Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buy Discount tire Refund or Replacement Insurance?

Old 06-13-2014, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy Discount tire Refund or Replacement Insurance?

Getting ready to order set of tires from Discount Tire and was curious if majority is buying the Insurance or if anyone wished that they did?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE="08REDROCKX;3930438"]Getting ready to order set of tires from Discount Tire and was curious if majority is buying the Insurance or if anyone wished that they did?[/QUOTE
They have always taken care of me under that warranty
Old 06-13-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

I chose not to, although I went back and forth for a while. I felt like if I didn't go with the insurance I would need it, and if I spent the extra money on it I wouldn't. The deciding factor for me was that if a had a blowout with 50% tread left then I would have 3 tires at 50% and one brand new tire.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Just depends if you want the peice of mind.

I quit getting it when I realized they prorate the damaged tire. My H2 tires cost roughly $60 each to insure, so it would have cost $240 to get the insurance. I had to replace a tire a few months later and they gave me $300 for the prorated tire so the new one cost me $100. With insurance it would have been "free" but I would have to spend $60 to insure the new tire, so with insurance costs factored in that tire would have cost me $300.

If you have to replace several tires it would probably be worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Extra insurance and warranties is the current business in the US. It makes so much money by selling piece of mind and rarely has to pay for anything. I wouldn't bother with it unless you're looking to give money away but that's how I operate.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatDiver
... selling piece of mind ...
Well I'm going to give you a piece of my mind: Pretty sure you meant peace of mind. Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;-)
Old 06-13-2014, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't normally purchase warranties or service plans, but I do when I purchase a set of tires from Discount Tire.

Their plan is no questions asked and couldn't be any easier to claim.

I used it within 1,000 miles on my last set when I punctured a sidewall. The warranty paid for itself...and then some...

Quick Reply: Buy Discount tire Refund or Replacement Insurance?