Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buyer Be Aware (Offroad Logic)

Old 08-05-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Be Aware (Offroad Logic)

As nice and helpful as Brett is from Offroad Logic and as much as I hate to bash or post something like this, I feel it is necessary. I have email correspondance dating back to May 4th when I ordered the roof rack for $1,899.00. I was sent an invoice along with the comment that my shipping tracking number would arrive ASAP. Here it is, in August (3 months later) and I have not received the product nor shipping number. All the correspondance from Brett is where he is trying to buy more time by suggesting my rack was next in line or that he would be heading to Vegas and could drop it off to me directly. Each time I threatened him with a chargeback on the credit card, he assured me I would have it soon.
I am posting this here as a warning not to pay this guy in full and perhaps only a small deposit on the item so you will not have to go through this as I have.

Thanks for your time,
Chris
Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of ordering one of their racks, but think I'll hold off and see if this issue corrects itself. Let us know how it goes. Having to wait 3 months after paying a price like that is unacceptable. Seems to me that Offroad Logic should NOT charge your card until they ship their product.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=beardiron;145277]As nice and helpful as Brett is from Offroad Logic and as much as I hate to bash or post something like this, I feel it is necessary. I have email correspondance dating back to May 4th when I ordered the roof rack for $1,899.00. I was sent an invoice along with the comment that my shipping tracking number would arrive ASAP. Here it is, in August (3 months later) and I have not received the product nor shipping number. All the correspondance from Brett is where he is trying to buy more time by suggesting my rack was next in line or that he would be heading to Vegas and could drop it off to me directly. Each time I threatened him with a chargeback on the credit card, he assured me I would have it soon.
I am posting this here as a warning not to pay this guy in full and perhaps only a small deposit on the item so you will not have to go through this as I have.

Thanks for your time,
Chris[/QUOTE
I ordered mine on June 4 and it arrived in Connecticut July 21, about 3 weeks late.
Like you, there were a lot of excuses as to why it was late.

I'm kind of sorry that it arrived. I have a soft top JK 4 door and this rack just does not work with a soft top. There were also quality assurance issues.

I'm working with Brett to resolve the issues and will post the results to let everyone know if he is honest or not.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bump

Tritech, was your issue was ever resolved with Offroad Logic?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TriTech
I ordered mine on June 4 and it arrived in Connecticut July 21, about 3 weeks late.
Like you, there were a lot of excuses as to why it was late.

I'm kind of sorry that it arrived. I have a soft top JK 4 door and this rack just does not work with a soft top. There were also quality assurance issues.

I'm working with Brett to resolve the issues and will post the results to let everyone know if he is honest or not.
I was able to successfully dispute the charge and received my money back that way. I sure like that rack and hope that Brett gets everything worked out with manufacturing them and is able to keep up with the demand soon.

Quick Reply: Buyer Be Aware (Offroad Logic)