Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buying Mobil 1 Online?

Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Mobil 1 Online?

Are there any good resources for buying Mobil 1 online?

I checked at Amazon, and they sell it, but the price didn't seem any better than what I pay locally at Pep Boys.

I am just kinda getting tired of driving out of my way to buy oil, and then dealing with the hassle when they only have 5 quarts and I have to go to another store for the 6th
Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn

I checked at Amazon, and they sell it, but the price didn't seem any better than what I pay locally at Pep Boys.

I am just kinda getting tired of driving out of my way to buy oil, and then dealing with the hassle when they only have 5 quarts and I have to go to another store for the 6th
Walmart has Mobil 1 for a price.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cuongdyna
Walmart has Mobil 1 for a price.
Are you sure their website does? I looked just now, and it doesn't look like they list it.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not wanting to hijack this thread...
but a question on the side if you don't mind...
where can i get M1-209 mobil oill filters on line...
i'm having trouble tracking them down...
cheers.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Are you sure their website does? I looked just now, and it doesn't look like they list it.
I get it from wal mart and it about 35 dollars with the filter. I think the shipping will be the deal killer. I wish that mobile made a 6 quart jug. That would make my life a lot easier.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Jedi

I take it you don't have a Wal Mart close by...???
Old 03-20-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I take it you don't have a Wal Mart close by...???
Nope... got one down the road...

I just HATE (with a H. A. T. E.) Wal-Mart... I think I'd rather go to the dentist than do deal with going into their store

I usually buy my oil from Pep Boys... they usually have everything I need... but I'm pretty lazy, and I'm really cheap... I was hoping to find a great place online to buy a couple of cases of this stuff and save a few bucks and sit back and wait for it to be delivered to me

Last edited by u-joint; 03-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

I also HATE walmart. I'd rather support my local autoparts store and pay $5 more for the oil and filter. I used to buy my Mobil 1 at walmart and I stopped when Mobil put a walmart logo on the bottle. My wifes company sells to walmart and they are so cheap that if the product is specifically made for walmart I would strongly suspect it is of lower quality.

Also autozone now sells a 5L jug of Mobil 1, I think it comes out to 5.3 quarts, it's nice to have a little extra left over for top offs.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Flip94ta
...My wifes company sells to walmart and they are so cheap that if the product is specifically made for walmart I would strongly suspect it is of lower quality...
My wife also (previously) did work for a company that supported Wal-mart... I can tell you that your suspicions are 100% founded. If you ever notice, their television (for example) rarely have a model number that anyone else sells... 9 times out of 10 they are a "special" wal-mart only model... this comes into play in two ways... firstly, it limits wal-marts liability for price matching... it's hard to honor a price match when Best Buy doesn't carry that "exact" same model. Secondly, manufactures are often pushed so hard by Wal-mart for lower prices that they take items that don't pass normal QA, and rebrand them for Wal-mart

Back to the topic of oil...

I guess the idea of trying to buy oil on the Internet is silly... I think one of the driving factors is, for example, my manual transmission fluid... when I went to change that NO place in town had anything meeting the Chrysler spec. It would seem that manual transmission are not a popular thing for the autozone's and other automotive stores of the world, as they carry TONS of ATV, just no synchromesh I had to buy it from my dealer

I was just trying to plan ahead for my next service schedule, thinking "hey, I could buy ALL my oil for EVERYTHING all at once from one place, and not drive all over Tulsa".
Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

My wife also (previously) did work for a company that supported Wal-mart... I can tell you that your suspicions are 100% founded. If you ever notice, their television (for example) rarely have a model number that anyone else sells... 9 times out of 10 they are a "special" wal-mart only model... this comes into play in two ways... firstly, it limits wal-marts liability for price matching... it's hard to honor a price match when Best Buy doesn't carry that "exact" same model. Secondly, manufactures are often pushed so hard by Wal-mart for lower prices that they take items that don't pass normal QA, and rebrand them for Wal-mart

Back to the topic of oil...

I guess the idea of trying to buy oil on the Internet is silly... I think one of the driving factors is, for example, my manual transmission fluid... when I went to change that NO place in town had anything meeting the Chrysler spec. It would seem that manual transmission are not a popular thing for the autozone's and other automotive stores of the world, as they carry TONS of ATV, just no synchromesh I had to buy it from my dealer

I was just trying to plan ahead for my next service schedule, thinking "hey, I could buy ALL my oil for EVERYTHING all at once from one place, and not drive all over Tulsa".
I hate wal mart too.. Oil change time is really about the only time I go in there.

Quick Reply: Buying Mobil 1 Online?