Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

CA-40 fuel additive

Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA-40 fuel additive

Has anyone tried this? There was an article in the paper about high fuel prices and people using CA-40. I'ts $35/quart, and you add an ounce to 15 gallons. It's supposed to increase your mpg 10-20%
Old 06-18-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pushntin
Has anyone tried this? There was an article in the paper about high fuel prices and people using CA-40. I'ts $35/quart, and you add an ounce to 15 gallons. It's supposed to increase your mpg 10-20%
Never heard of it. I’m pretty Leery about fuel additives. Not sure if they actually work or just a waist of money.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go ahead an try it. If you can document a proven 10% gain, then you will have done all JK-Forum members a great service!! You will truly be a hero!

If, on the other hand, it does exactly what most additives do, you'll just be out some cash and we can all get a good laugh. With you, not at you.

OK. AT you.

You know the saying - "If it's too good to be true, get someone else to try it first!" ...or something like that.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
You know the saying - "If it's too good to be true, get someone else to try it first!" ...or something like that.
why do you think i tossed this out here I could ALMOST buy some gas with that $35. They have a website with all kinds of testimonials and scientific explanations, one of these things actually has to work sometime or so you would think.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pushntin
why do you think i tossed this out here I could ALMOST buy some gas with that $35. They have a website with all kinds of testimonials and scientific explanations, one of these things actually has to work sometime or so you would think.
Send it to Mythbusters!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by snowbdr88
Send it to Mythbusters!
You know they would dig it
Old 06-19-2008, 03:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
... If, on the other hand, it does exactly what most additives do ...
Don't mince words, AZJeeper. It will do exactly what all additives do: Nothing to improve gas mileage. Consider who would like to see vehicle gas mileage improved. Congress. The auto manufacturers. California. EPA. Environmentalists. Auto owners. Mass transit services. Now, if something would magically improve gas mileage, don't you think they all would be chiming in about it? It's the lack of such testimonial that instantly makes obvious that these products are rip offs. All of them.

Quick Reply: CA-40 fuel additive