JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Camo tops for JKs (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/camo-tops-jks-280601/)

wreckedFJC 07-15-2013 07:55 PM

Camo tops for JKs

Check this out, camo tops for JKs

Rock and Road Soft Tops: Definitely Not the Original by Andrew Keller — Kickstarter

Fugg it 07-15-2013 09:01 PM

Man that video and those ridiculous designs killed what could be a decent product. I mean destroyed it. The prints on those are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Minus maybe the camo for military use or hunting applications. Jeep owners are predominantly function over fashion and they missed it big time

If they wanted any sort of buy in, they should have done solid colors or matched to paint schemes..., Damn.

wreckedFJC 07-15-2013 09:14 PM

I think a topo top or plaid would be cool.

Cjsmith4 07-15-2013 09:26 PM

Not a huge fan of anything they had in the video but I think this could go over well with different designs or as stated before, just solid colors. Even with a solid color though, I think a soft top would look odd if matched to the jeep.

I would never buy one but different strokes for different folks.

wreckedFJC 07-16-2013 04:24 AM

solids seem simple, and I agree color matched (like the hard tops) just doesn't look right to me.

I just want a choice other than black.

As for fuggits comment.... as for function over style I call bs. If that we're the case there wouldn't be so many choices of rock rails,bumpers, trail skins, or other aftermarket products.

Fugg it 07-16-2013 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by wreckedFJC (Post 3618701)
solids seem simple, and I agree color matched (like the hard tops) just doesn't look right to me.

I just want a choice other than black.

As for fuggits comment.... as for function over style I call bs. If that we're the case there wouldn't be so many choices of rock rails,bumpers, trail skins, or other aftermarket products.

You call bs cause you just admitted your the one pitching it in another thread lol. Sorry I was just being honest and thought you were another member who was sharing something they found on the internet. It's an interesting idea, I just don't think people will buy enough of them to be worth it

RedRockJeeper 07-16-2013 10:45 PM

Personally I think the camo ones have possibilities(especially since I just bought a commando green JKUR, however the other prints I am not so sure of. I don't know if color matching would work either unless you did it in a plaid design with black, or maybe white. Perhaps a custom option to match paint graphics? Next consideration would be cost, and I have a feeling its gonna be steep.

chaz14_9 07-17-2013 07:24 AM

Yeah I don't like it either. When the side window was being attached the material looked really thin and the fit wasn't very good. As far as the designs not my cup of tea.

Good luck though.

jk.bushwacker 07-17-2013 07:40 AM

just looks so wrong... try OD green or something. why camo ur rig anyways? don't u wanna find it later? :rotflmao2: its not like you can go on a safari hunt in ur jeep nowadays (unless you live in Africa)

Davep22 07-17-2013 09:02 AM

Personally I think custom color or print tops are a great idea. As someone stated before, different strokes for different folks - so obviously not everyone is going to love them, but I love the idea of someone being innovative and offerring something that's otherwise been unavailable.

I can't promise I'd be lining up to buy one, but certainly think there is a market for them.

I'll be interested to see what happens with these!