Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Canada 2011 vs 2012 Pricing, Options, Colours, etc.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want the best deal, try to get something off the dealers lot rather than something from another dealer, they may be more likely to give you a deal on something that is soon to be a out of date model

I however wouldn't settle for anything other than a JKU Rubicon, 6spd, with no NAV , no black, white or tan, and managed the salesmen managed to find one locally.

Last edited by Noxian; 07-28-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noxian
If you want the best deal, try not get something off the dealers lot rather than something from another dealer, they may be more likely to give you a deal on something that is soon to be a out of date model

I however wouldn't settle for anything other than a JKU Rubicon, 6spd, with no NAV , no black, white or tan, and managed the salesmen managed to find one locally.
Personally, I wish Chrysler would just allow me to order online directly from the factory so I don't even have to set foot on a dealer's lot.

When I start looking it'll be at a 2012, not a 2011 or older. I'm dreading when the resale value starts plummeting after the '12s hit the lots. Once guys start testing them out and feeling how the extra 90 horses help a JKU move around nobody will want an '11 or older, or they sure won't want to pay decent prices for them.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers here never seem to have many JK's on their lots. I'll probably talk to my local dealer and see what they will want to order one but that won't be till next year. Depending what they offer I may use dealfinder dot org and get them to do my negotiating for me. I'll be looking to get a 2dr 6spd Rubicon, leaning towards white!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Personally, I wish Chrysler would just allow me to order online directly from the factory so I don't even have to set foot on a dealer's lot.

When I start looking it'll be at a 2012, not a 2011 or older. I'm dreading when the resale value starts plummeting after the '12s hit the lots. Once guys start testing them out and feeling how the extra 90 horses help a JKU move around nobody will want an '11 or older, or they sure won't want to pay decent prices for them.

I guess I am lucky, i am friends with the salesmen I bought my Jeep from I walked in knowing exactly what I wanted in my jeep, he just had to find one lol.

I dont buy my Jeeps based on resale value, cause I know as soon as I take it off the road its going to get scratched, dented, modified etc, then your resale value goes out the window. If you keep your Jeep show room fresh then you can worry about resale value.

Jeeps aren't A - B vehicles, they are A to B in the most adventurous way!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

I've had a 2012 on order since 05/30....it was built and stored on 07/14....stealer says it won't be released till aug 1st.. Should have it a week after!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roots
Dealers here never seem to have many JK's on their lots. I'll probably talk to my local dealer and see what they will want to order one but that won't be till next year. Depending what they offer I may use dealfinder dot org and get them to do my negotiating for me. I'll be looking to get a 2dr 6spd Rubicon, leaning towards white!
There is an option for Canadians, carcostcanada. You will be able to pull up the dealer invoice price, bring it into the dealership and negotiate with that. I was able to quickly and painlessly negotiate 3% over dealer invoice for my factory ordered wrangler (plus the additional $2250 before tax and $1000 bonus cash after tax).

My dealership was old school, hadn't heard of this at all. I explained what it was, dealer took it into manager's office and after about 15 mins came out and accepted my offer and stated the numbers were indeed accurate. I signed the papers, waited a few weeks and my factory order came in.

In Canada, most dealerships will sell 3%-6% over invoice price, less even if the vehicle is a slow seller.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by axelaR
There is an option for Canadians, carcostcanada. You will be able to pull up the dealer invoice price, bring it into the dealership and negotiate with that. I was able to quickly and painlessly negotiate 3% over dealer invoice for my factory ordered wrangler (plus the additional $2250 before tax and $1000 bonus cash after tax).

My dealership was old school, hadn't heard of this at all. I explained what it was, dealer took it into manager's office and after about 15 mins came out and accepted my offer and stated the numbers were indeed accurate. I signed the papers, waited a few weeks and my factory order came in.

In Canada, most dealerships will sell 3%-6% over invoice price, less even if the vehicle is a slow seller.
Nice. I'll have to give that method a shot.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Nice. I'll have to give that method a shot.
yeah, it's great. Just to give you an idea...

38,140 sticker price, 35,258 invoice price
36,315 (invoice+3%)
-2,250 factory rebate
-------
34,065 + taxes (12% in BC)
-------
-1,000 bonus cash
-------
$37,154 on the road
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by axelaR

+3%!!
Sticker on mine was $37500 +tax = 42375
Drive away under $30K INCLUDING TAX Admittedly I dealt with what they had on the lot. FYI I am not a TL member either.

CarCostCanada.com is a subscription service - think it's about $50... if you want invoice in Canada for free try carsaver.ca

Maybe it's just me, but the Canadian public seem to find it hard to haggle ( I know that is a HUGE generalization).... people seem to trust the "no dicker sticker" price.... Canadian dealers have no compunction when it comes to gouging their customers

here is an example of a decent starting price that can be negotiated down even more... I have no affiliation with these guys ( didn't buy my Jeep there either)...it's just an illustration
http://www.peelchryslerjeep.com/new/...d6a6d567b2.htm

I believe they are doing 0% financing now....

Last edited by uber; 07-28-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I did the math on my 2011 when I bought it, with the 3250 in incentives and 3% financing, and the trade I was getting on my 04 TJ (which only continue to depreciate more the longer I kept it) It made more sense to pay a little less now than to wait for a 2012 which has more power and a newer engine in that platform then to just buy the 2011 now.

Wont be until next summer/spring before you start seeing the same incentives on the 2012s

Quick Reply: Canada 2011 vs 2012 Pricing, Options, Colours, etc.