Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Canadians

Old 05-18-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMAN
I've been praying alot. Hope it works out for us.
You better Pray.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMAN
Ordered just over a month ago on April 13th (a Friday). Didn't think about it at the time, but it may be an omen. We were told 10 to 12 weeks for delivery. Within about 2 weeks, the sales rep said it was built with a VIN number. So, we were then told it would take another 8 to 10 weeks for delivery. Fair enough, but a buddy of mine ordered one 3 weeks ago and was told it would be delivered in 2 weeks. My wife and I laughed and laughed, then turned stone cold when it showed up last week as promised.
No freakin way!! What is up with that? I am still waiting for mine to arrive and it looks like it won't be until the end of June now.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Finally At Last

it is here ....6 months almost to the day and it finally arrived last thursday night May 17...picked it up Friday May 18...nice present for the long weekend...it is AWSOME!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by billyg
it is here ....6 months almost to the day and it finally arrived last thursday night May 17...picked it up Friday May 18...nice present for the long weekend...it is AWSOME!!!
Just got mine yesterday -- 5 months to the day! Woohoo!

Now I'm crazy pananoid about getting it stolen. Imagine waiting another 5 months? OMG.

I'm using a clutch lock (sold as brake lock) for now, and ordered a Ravelco kit that should be installed next week. I also got the "Sherlock" engraving on a gazillion places. Doesn't look great, but lowers my insurance premium by about $100/year.

js.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Yo' Montrealer

Hey JS,

If you see another JK Jeep Green 4dr (soon to be doorless when the rain stops) with no stickers on the side...

send me (or the wife) a wave!!

Where did you order from? I picked up mine from Rive Sud a couple of months ago.

z
Old 06-01-2007, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by zee12
If you see another JK Jeep Green 4dr (soon to be doorless when the rain stops) with no stickers on the side... send me (or the wife) a wave!!

Where did you order from? I picked up mine from Rive Sud a couple of months ago.
A few _months_ ago??? Sure, rub it in! :-)

I got mine from Touchette on Papineau in Montreal. They're not 5 star, but I don't think it played a significant role in my wait (5 months, 2 days). Unlimited Rubicons with Manual Trans and Dual Tops are _extremely_ difficult to find in Canada, making me _extremely_ paranoid about having it stolen! :-)

So, what did you get? X, Sahara, or Rubicon? Manual or Auto?

It would be nice to get a little group of JKs our on a trail somewhere around Montreal...

I expect to be fully modded (bumpers, winch, roof rack, etc, etc) in another 2-3 months. There's only so many week-ends in a week, ya know... :-)

LateR!
js.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

well looks like i'm not going to be getting my jeep for another couple of months just wondering how many of you are going to wait till your orders are going to be turned into 2008 model year or simply cancel your orders i'm going to see my dealer on monday and he better have a really good story to tell me or other wise i'm taking my deposit back and never again be dealing with this half *** company
4 door sahara 6speed dual tops......... ordered jan 08,never left bx and now just about had it.patience is just about gone
Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 5andcounting
well looks like i'm not going to be getting my jeep for another couple of months just wondering how many of you are going to wait till your orders are going to be turned into 2008 model year or simply cancel your orders i'm going to see my dealer on monday and he better have a really good story to tell me or other wise i'm taking my deposit back and never again be dealing with this half *** company
4 door sahara 6speed dual tops......... ordered jan 08,never left bx and now just about had it.patience is just about gone
Saharas are much easier to find then Rubicons. Manual Trans are a little harder. If you don't need the side impact or trailer tow, you should be able to find one easily. Get your dealer to run a Canada-wide search. They don't usually offer this service since the cost of shipping and trading cuts into their profit (and they may even loose money on the deal), but they'll do it if you push. Push hard, and then maybe offer to split the cost of shipping. Saharas are around if you look hard enough.

js.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
Saharas are much easier to find then Rubicons. Manual Trans are a little harder. If you don't need the side impact or trailer tow, you should be able to find one easily. Get your dealer to run a Canada-wide search. They don't usually offer this service since the cost of shipping and trading cuts into their profit (and they may even loose money on the deal), but they'll do it if you push. Push hard, and then maybe offer to split the cost of shipping. Saharas are around if you look hard enough.

js.
the problem is i got a really good price and they put my 2003 tj as a trade in on the contract(even though i sold it myself)for tax purposes.and i really want a silver one.so either they gaurentee me that i will be getting it on their first shipment of 2008's or i'm walking!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Hi JS,

Jeep Green X, Sports package, auto, both tops. Added steps, removed stickers. Surfer sticker next to the spare. Wet Okles, grabs, black fuel door, mirror relocator on the way. Doors coming off as soon as weather says so.

Did my research, saw that there were very few around. Rive-Sud had a decent variety on the lot. Picked the green one. Figured I'm going to mod/build it up slowly anyway, so why wait!

Just a note about that dealer, I had a guy named Denis who was a star. We live right downtown in the city, and after the full run-down/initial pitch and trial, he followed up with us, and even brought the Jeep to our house - 30 min. away - for us to try in our urban "jungle" (I wanted to make sure the wife would be comfortable).

Transaction went very smoothly. When the weather changed I brought it back in to get steps and soft top installed (I have little spare time). Denis our sales guy took the service appointment, and he gave me HIS car as a loaner to go back and forth to the city until the work was completed (on time). Work was done cleanly and perfectly.

I've heard many horror stories, and from personal experience with our SAAB dealer (whom I was loyal to for 10 yrs) going so downhill that I would never consider buying another from them. It was a very, very refreshing bonus to have someone look after us and actually provide a service beyond taking my cheque. Just hope that will continue.

Js, if you are changing your Rubi wheels/tires let me know, I'll take them if at a reasonable rate, I don't need mud slingers (yet!) and will be looking shortly for some beefier rubber.

And lastly, were can I go trail/wheeling around Montreal? This is my first and I'm itching to play!

Have fun,

z

Last edited by zee12; 06-01-2007 at 05:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Canadians