Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Canadians

Old 03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I ordered on Jan 19th 2007

nothing yet, not even a VIN number

Odered: Sahara 2 drs, standard options with hard top, power group.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:59 PM
JK Newbie

Wink I ordered on Jan 6

I am in Vancouver and ordered a black unlimited Sahara, 6speed, hard top. LSD, 4.10. My salesman told me earlier this week it is being built and will be in at end of this month.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

It's been over 2 months now...

js.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

another calgarian here,

picked mine off the lot back two days before christmas. Rescue green unlim. X.

Been pretty lucky with it, no top leak (gets power washed all the time so i have checked) and no paint issues near hinges. (im an ex-automotive painter, i wouldnt stand for that crap!)
Old 03-03-2007, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Damn dirty Calgarians. I ordered my 4 door Rescue green Rubicon with 6 speed and dual tops and every except mygig on or around nov 10-15 in Edmonton. I never checked my status until the beginning jan i think. When i was told it had been in D for a while. Then feb 18th it went to D1. I called last tuesday which would be the 27th and it was in KZ status.

I talked to the dealer and he told me its already in Windsor and will be here Mar 19th for sure. I asked him why it takes 18 days to travel from Ontario. He didnt have an answer.

I would honestly fly down and drive it back if I could, or just tow it back.

So..... we shall see. November 10th ordered, March 19th delivery. (promised).
Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

ok...it all seems like real bullshit to me why DC takes so long to get vehicles to canada..and yet to the dealers..especially SOLD ones.....so that is one month from actual build Date (D1 status) to delivery date (promised)..i think every vehicle that is build in any country and any place around the world for canada needs to make a go thru southern ontario *the centre of the universe*.WTF...ok..enough of being cranky....so what dealer did you order from bigwrm....mine is on order thru Crosstown
Old 03-04-2007, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi, I am from BC and I ordered my Unlimited in January. I was just told on Friday that the factory hasn't started to build it yet and once it is started it will take 3 months to get here. So much for the 8 weeks that the salesman originally told me. I am not impressed!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billyg
ok...it all seems like real bullshit to me why DC takes so long to get vehicles to canada..and yet to the dealers..especially SOLD ones.....so that is one month from actual build Date (D1 status) to delivery date (promised)..i think every vehicle that is build in any country and any place around the world for canada needs to make a go thru southern ontario *the centre of the universe*.WTF...ok..enough of being cranky....so what dealer did you order from bigwrm....mine is on order thru Crosstown
I ordered at Derrick Dodge. After I bought my 03 TJ at Londonderry I will never be back. We shall see on the 19th. Im not holding my breath. I giant crater will probably open in the earth and swallow the train car or something.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepChick
Hi, I am from BC and I ordered my Unlimited in January. I was just told on Friday that the factory hasn't started to build it yet and once it is started it will take 3 months to get here. So much for the 8 weeks that the salesman originally told me. I am not impressed!
Ahhh yes. The 8 week bit. when I was looking, it was 4 to 6. But the saleman said it would probably be faster. Came back a few days later and made the order. Oh now its 6 to 8 weeks. So I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited until week 9 and sold my TJ. Its been fun with no vehicle since jan.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Consider buying off the lot.

The Montreal dealers are talking mid-summer now. Automatic Sahara Unlimiteds are around, and they say 2-doors are easy to get, but Rubicons forget it.

I'm going to cancel the Sahara 6-spd Unlimited I ordered. There is no point to torturing myself. I'm just going to check in with the dealer until something reasonably close comes around.

Quick Reply: Canadians