Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Canadians getting boned

Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadians getting boned

Here's a copy of the BS I got from Dc today regarding warranty in Canada on Jk,s

We have received your email from July 30th, 2007 regarding your request
for information on the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Thank you for your inquiry.

The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is currently being offered exclusively
to the U.S. market. We should begin by clarifying that the lifetime
coverage being offered in the U.S. is limited to the original owner for
the specified powertrain components only. Our existing Canadian
warranty already includes extended coverage on these powertrain
components.

Our current 5 year or 100 000km (whichever occurs first) powertrain
warranty seems to be a great fit for Canadian consumers especially since the average length of new car ownership is just under 5 years. We
believe that our current warranty and Roadside Assistance is quite
competitive in the Canadian marketplace.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review this matter with you.

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email. If you have
a need to respond to this, please visit us at our reply form (link
provided below). Our system is NOT able to accept any emails at this
address.

For any future communications related to this email, please refer to the following information:
REFERENCE NUMBER: 16562042
REPLY LINK:
http://www-5.chrysler.ca/wccs-ca/rep...791I25261L0KM&

Sincerely,

M. Hebert (Ms.)

Customer Service Manager
Chrysler Canada Inc. Customer Assistance Center

:angry:
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 PM
JK Super Freak

That Is Bull Shit!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhhh For FOX CREEK....... nice explaination DCX! I was so excited about getting our Jeep with the possiblity of lifetime powertrain! Talk about getting Kicked in the Nutter's!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy Canadians and No Warranty

I tried to buy a Rubicon in Canada.But they could not even order one for me.That was from the largest dealer in Canada,I also tried 3 others many times.Come back in 2008 they said,So I bought one in Utah and had it done up there,susp,tires,gears, wheels, bumpers, winch,It is a loaded Rubicon unlimited.Last week I phoned Chrysler and asked about the warranty,they said , when I registered the Jeep in Canada, that canceled the warranty in both USA and Canada.What do you think of these pricks now,I just put money in there pockets and they will not honor the warranty.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yukon
I tried to buy a Rubicon in Canada.But they could not even order one for me.That was from the largest dealer in Canada,I also tried 3 others many times.Come back in 2008 they said,So I bought one in Utah and had it done up there,susp,tires,gears, wheels, bumpers, winch,It is a loaded Rubicon unlimited.Last week I phoned Chrysler and asked about the warranty,they said , when I registered the Jeep in Canada, that canceled the warranty in both USA and Canada.What do you think of these pricks now,I just put money in there pockets and they will not honor the warranty.

I was looking at doing the same thing getting a Jeep in the states with the Canadian dollar is sitting at. However, I was warned about warranty issues being void as well the steps and hoops you have to get the vehicle certified in Canada and especially in British Columbia. So, I am still waiting for our Jeep.....I am feeling for yah with no warranty at all!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is one of the most misleading thread titles ever!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yukon
It stinks for people who buy a car in another market. I remember this getting a lot of press, and maybe it started, when the PT Cruiser came out. Chrysler dealers in the US were furious because Canadian market PT's were being bought and shipped to the US, and sold to customers by privateer used car dealers before US Chrysler dealers even had one on the lot. The exchange rate at the time made it cost effective. To try and appease the dealer network, they decided to void the warranty if a car for one market ended up registered in another market. Although it couldn't prevent the cross border sales, it would highly discourage it if the buyer wasn't going to have warranty coverage.

Quick Reply: Canadians getting boned