Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cancelled my order ...

Old 12-01-2006, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cancelled my order ...

... because I found another one on a lot and took delivery on Wednesday!!

My order was stuck in BG-L for 6+ weeks, so I have been scanning (okay, more like obsessively scouring) the online inventory listings for a good match. Thought I would never find it, since my order was basically an unlimited X built up with exactly what I wanted (instead of going Sahara or Rubi), and I had only seen one that was even close but was still lacking some key things (dual tops, limited slip).

Then suddenly on Tuesday, bingo -- almost my exact vehicle, with the addition of Sirius and 17" wheels (not complaining about either of those upgrades), at a dealer 60 mi. from my house, and they gave me a price only $200 over what I was paying for my order plus the cost of extra options. Needless to say that was a small price to pay after watching my prospective build date slip well into 07...

I'd post some pics, but at this point it looks pretty much like every other Jeep Green Unlimited X out there, so I'm not sure it's worth it. That will be changing soon enough though...
Old 12-01-2006, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
... because I found another one on a lot and took delivery on Wednesday!!

My order was stuck in BG-L for 6+ weeks, so I have been scanning (okay, more like obsessively scouring) the online inventory listings for a good match.
Congrats
I know it felt good cancelling that order. Your story sounds familiar, I was in BG-L for 9 weeks when I finally cancelled after I found my exact order on a dealer lot.

Quick Reply: Cancelled my order ...