Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cancelling My 4dr JK Order

Old 11-09-2006, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That Was A Close One!

We almost lost a JK Jeeper!
I'm glad you decided to stick with it. Nothing like a little peer pressure, huh!?
Old 11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepYak
We almost lost a JK Jeeper!
I'm glad you decided to stick with it. Nothing like a little peer pressure, huh!?
Nothin like it
Old 11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
The 4 Door Sahara withe 23G package (Manual Trans) is built out for December. You will most likely get a January build date if they don't have many orders ahead of yours.
Thanks for the heads up Jeff. I set my mind on Jan anyway.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

I called DC this morning to check if the order on the rubi was cancelled. Instead they told me that the status went to D and VIN is available. I told them I cancelled it yesterday and ordered a diff one with a diff dealer. I understand it can sit in D status for a while. Question is am I gona have hard time getting my deposit back since the car went to D and obviously the cancellation hasn't gone thru yet? The dealer told me about 72 hours for the refund to be issued back to the card.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cadually
I tried to put up with the **** but the car is not worth it.
I ordered the JK at Bay Ridge Dodge, Chrys, Jeep in Brooklyn, NY over a month ago. Neither salesman, nor sales manager nor general manager ever returned any of my phone calls; front desk left me on hold for over 10 minutes, and whoever put the order in screwed it up in the computer and if it wasnt for me calling DC every day, nobody would know that there was a problem. Let me see did I miss something? And that is a five star dealership on Jeep.com. I can only imagine what a no star dealer would be like.
This is by far the worst dealer experience that I have had in my life. It's just not worth it for me to deal with these ****holes. And it takes 30 days to get a deposir refund according to them. What a crock of s***. Unbelievable!!!
Anyway, you guys enjoy, this is a nice Jeep JK but Im not putting up with the bull**t for it. Take care and be well.
Don't give up! You will regret it...........find the right dealer. I had almost the same experiance with a dealer I bought from before.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cadually
I called DC this morning to check if the order on the rubi was cancelled. Instead they told me that the status went to D and VIN is available. I told them I cancelled it yesterday and ordered a diff one with a diff dealer. I understand it can sit in D status for a while. Question is am I gona have hard time getting my deposit back since the car went to D and obviously the cancellation hasn't gone thru yet? The dealer told me about 72 hours for the refund to be issued back to the card.
Unless you ordered some really wierd combination the dealer is probably not going to actually cancel the order. The order represents one of their very few allocations for the JK and they will just go ahead and let it be built and they will sell it to someone else. If the cancel the order it may be sometime before they get another allocation.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where in Ny are you guys from? I bought mine in rutherford, sales team sucked and service even worse but it was hard to find one then and i couldnt wait to order... had a trade in i needed to dump and dump i did...... But for service now i go up to Nanuet, its a bit of a ride but i dont mind and service is great....... Bayridge was horrible i went in for a part and the place was packed wall to wall ....
Old 11-24-2007, 07:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

You do realize that this thread is a year old?
Old 11-24-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
You do realize that this thread is a year old?
i've noticed a lot of dinosaurs being dug up lately. i think people have extra time due to the holidays and are accidently resurrecting these relics
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL ummmmm ooops... that trickey 06... i guess the desparation of finding someone remotely close to my location blinded me......

Quick Reply: Cancelling My 4dr JK Order