Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Catalytic converters

Old 12-01-2014, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic converters

Has anyone gone to an aftermarket cat? Or run without them? I'm pretty sure mine are on the verge of clogged, I really haven't looked into it any but I have a few things going on that I think are related to bad cats, So I am planning on replacing or maybe doing away with them, I am not worried about emissions testing or state inspections because I can get around that, but I am worried about losing power if I get rid of them. So what are y'all's opinions on what to do?
Old 12-01-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll probably be ridiculed by other members, but mine started to clog about 6 months ago. I unbolted them from the heads and cut them right after. Beat everything out of them and then welded them back up. Didn't notice any change really. Maybe just a tad louder, but I can't ever really remember the change. Performance wise everything pretty much stayed the same. This is the 3rd vehicle I've done this to, if that says anything at all. the others being a chevy blazer and a Silverado.

Quick Reply: Catalytic converters