Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Center console problems

Old 10-24-2011, 01:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center console problems

Got an 07 and Im haveing some issues with my center console. I may be wider than what the average jeep driver is. Just wondering how tuff it is to remove the OE console or if anyone has any tips or advice. I belive my right leg pushes on the console when Im seated in the jeep wich is then comming out of its facyory location. Thanks for any input. Thinking of going with a tuffy but not sure.

Last edited by ugly betty; 10-25-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 AM
JK Newbie

defintily thinky the tuffy may be the best way to go, any other options?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Still need some help, Not sure realy the best route to take with this one. Think I may just tear it appart and see what I can see. Any body else have this or similar issues.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went with the tuffy console and like it a lot. It wasn't too bad to take the seats out and then the console. Look online at tuffys website, you can download instructions for removal and install.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Ok Ill check it out, wish I knew what was really going on with the thing, I like the idea of the tuffy tho just didnt feel like buying it rite now. Oh well such is life some times.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you remove the 4 bolts for the front seats try to get access to an air wrench so it comes out fast an easy. They can be a pain. I zipped mine right out for the tuffy under seat console. By hand it would have taken for ever. After the seats are out it's a basic bolt/unbolt for the center console. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Center console problems