Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check engine light/ low battery?

Old 05-06-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light/ low battery?

Happened twice so far, first when i installed the lift the radio was on all day and again this weekend went to the park and the radio was on for about 3 hours.
It goes off after a few days, but should i get a new battery? If yes, whats a good battery out there?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

unless you are getting a winch Andre I think you will be ok with that battery. You should just start it every 60-90min for 5min or so always worked for me.

I'm watching Dancing with Star's OMG they just were showing Stacey Keibler again
Old 05-06-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light.

I had the radio on for 3.5 hours while installing front and rear bumpers yesterday, when I started the jeep the check engine light stayed on. When I went in to town I went to the dealer to see why this code was being thrown, all the Star Scan was reading was it didn't like that the key was on that long without the engine being at normal operating temperature.The tech cleared it and said if it came back they'ed look into it further. Sounded good enough to me. I think it did that last year when I was putting a lift on it but cleared after a few cycles of the ignition. There was nothing wrong with it before and nothing today so unless it comes back I won"t worry about it.

Quick Reply: Check engine light/ low battery?