Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Child Seats in back seat of unlimited sahara

Old 06-13-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child Seats in back seat of unlimited sahara

Test drove an 08 unlimited sahara today. put my daughter- forward facing 20 mo old- in the backseat. Seat was easy to get in and out, but wife was a bit concerned about the base overhanging the front of the seat a bit. Also seems the incline of the seat back didn;t meet up well.
Just wondered if anyone has pics of their car seats in their JKU, and if you made any adjustments to make things fit any better. This is a concern before we drive it home, so any quick help is great!
Old 06-13-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

We have had no issues at all with the car seat. I have a 2 1/2 year old I find the seat does much better in the jeep than my Acura TL. Wife is out with the kid at this moment so unfortunately I can't get you the pic, but can send you one today. The only one downfall is that she is big enough to kick the back of my seat...
Old 06-13-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aubreys dad
Test drove an 08 unlimited sahara today. put my daughter- forward facing 20 mo old- in the backseat. Seat was easy to get in and out, but wife was a bit concerned about the base overhanging the front of the seat a bit. Also seems the incline of the seat back didn;t meet up well.
Just wondered if anyone has pics of their car seats in their JKU, and if you made any adjustments to make things fit any better. This is a concern before we drive it home, so any quick help is great!
The seatback angle is a little more upright than my wife's car, but our child seat had an adjustment on the base that could change the angle. As for the little bit hanging out, the rear JKU seat has a latch point on the bottom of the rear of the seat in the cargo area, which I use all the time. I haven't had a problem with it sliding off or around.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

my childrens seats do hang off the front of the seat quite a bit, but it hasn't posed any type of problem.....as long as you secure them properly it is fine. only thing is that when the kids are in there you have to move the front seats way forward to make room........if i had the kids with me all the time, i don't know if i would be able to use it as a daily driver, but if you only have them in there occasionally it is fine.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Look at this thread, I posted a picture of a child seat awhile back.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=child+seats
Old 06-14-2009, 06:58 AM
bkw
JK Freak

I've got two seats back there. Graco Nautilus and a Britax Marathon. With the headrests removed (or cocked to the folded position), the seats fit nicely. With the headrests on, the seats are a bit upright, even with the recline feature on the Nautilus.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default we have

we have a britax Marathon as well. Any hints on how to install so things fit well- pics would be great.

Also saw a "recline" mod that someone had done, I wonder if that might help as well, but truthfully it looked like it just changed the angle of the seat, not really the recline of it.

guess I'll have to wait to have the Jeep out front to play around with to tell..
for now I'm counting on all of you for pics

Quick Reply: Child Seats in back seat of unlimited sahara