Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler CPO Warranty Is a Fraud

Old 04-29-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I am keeping very diligent notes on all interactions with Chrysler/Dealers etc.

Hopefully I'll know by tomorrow whether or not legal action will be required. I really hope it doesn't have to go down that route.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jkrgv
I've worked in dealerships for 26 yrs, I'm currently the service and parts director for a dealer group. The problem is with the dealer you bought it from!
They sold you a jeep not front line ready! They are a independent of Chrysler. The dealership used car manager needs to pay up the slack offered by Chrysler, if not go to the general manager. Once you start down the lawyer path, they will shut down!
Having experienced first hand Towbin Dodge's poor approach to customer service and cavalier attitude to safety, I really don't want to take my jeep back there for service. They botched the CPO inspection so bad, I'm not trusting their work for something that has ramifications as far reaching as a transmission fire.

Chrysler needs to make this right, and by that I mean have the work performed by competent techs.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

That would be the ideal outcome
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

I'm going through Chrysler Corporate because my initial attempt to have the work done under warranty at Towbin, prior to discovering how amateur Towbin Dodge is, was dismissed and I was told to "take it up with Chrysler"
Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is not fun. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Good luck with Chrysler!

It's a bit off topic, but as a general rule, I always mentally add 10% to a used vehicle purchase price to account for all the stuff that will inevitably come up after I roll it home. If you can get your price with this factored in, it doesn't hurt as much when you have to shell out a little to get the vehicle right.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

This is all very helpful. The more fair solutions I can offer before resorting to litigation the easier this is for everyone

Lesson learned re: used cars from dealers
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you know if an used car salesman is lying?

His lips are moving....
Old 04-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goaterguy
How do you know if an used car salesman is lying?

His lips are moving....
Ha!
I did sales (not automotive) for 15 years before doing this, and I found that honesty kept me out of trouble with my customers.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

If only chrysler new the word honesty, we all wouldn't be having to deal with problems like this, we could just be enjoying the jeep we bought from them. I love jeeps always have, its just a shame that chrysler bought jeep, they are slowly killing the jeep. They refuse to help there customers, they shit on there customers and they will never ever back there word. They just run you over back over then over you again. Good Luck.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 PM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope it gets fixed quickly for you.

On a side note...I am in Vegas quite a bit and see the Towbin ads on tv. I couldn't imagine buying a car from this guy:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2220543253.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	311177

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1945291720.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	311178

Quick Reply: Chrysler CPO Warranty Is a Fraud